Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New user looking for feedback
RE: New user looking for feedback
As staceyburke mentioned above it looks like you're still having some positional apnea (the OA cluster in the beginning) and you're sleeping for long periods of time with your mouth open based up on the behavior of your leak rate data.

If it were me I'd fix your mouth drop with tape, chin strap, etc then raise minimum pressure by 2cm H20 and lower the maximum to 16 and see how your do. You could also consider switching to CPAP mode @ 14cm H20 and give it a couple of nights to adjust to the constant pressure. Once you adapt, you can then bring the CPAP pressure down incrementally each night until you run into more obstructive apneas than you're comfortable with to find the lowest therapeutic pressure.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've ordered a chin strap, so will be trying that as soon as it comes in. I've found myself waking up a few times coughing, so I wonder if that's also from my mouth opening up. 

Curious what the idea behind decreasing the maximum is, since looking over all the data, my machine has never went over 14 or so.
Post Reply Post Reply
For such moments when your nose is obstructed by allergies or anything else, it may be good to have a full face mask as well. Here, my girl friend is using one all the time and when she got sick, she was more than happy that she got herself used to her full face mask :-)
Post Reply Post Reply
I think I spent a good deal of last night on my side, and am getting used to not pushing the mask into the pillow (but one of those cutout cpap pillows may be in my future!) 

Is last night looking better from a positional apnea perspective?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Chinstrap isn't arriving until early next week (I should have ordered from Amazon!) but I decided to try mouth taping last night. 

Tape was still intact and mouth was closed when I woke up, which I totally wasn't expecting, but looking at the charts it didn't seem to really improve leaking all that much Sad

Post Reply Post Reply
Been a bit since I've posted, but I've made a few changes since. Received the chin strap, and it didn't make any noticeable change in the leak rate. 

My sleep tech sent me a pillows mask, a p10, and from the first night I saw a huge improvement in the leaks!
Attached are the last 3 nights. Did try bumping up the min pressure last night from 7 to 8, I think I'm finding the pillows more comfortable with a bit more pressure.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 528 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 189 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Sleep HQ Chart Feedback RobertGeorge 9 234 03-21-2024, 07:05 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Leaks/Flow Rate Issues - Feedback Greatly Appreciated CavemanDoctor 1 348 01-22-2024, 08:51 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Feedback and Help on OSCAR Data, I am a new user of a CPAP machine and feel tired! fdm1990 3 535 11-29-2023, 01:39 AM
Last Post: fdm1990
  Feedback on OSCAR data Jobaaayyy 13 767 11-27-2023, 03:31 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
  New CPAP User - Feedback Request aceventura 8 672 11-22-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Dormeo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.