Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New user seeking OSCAR feedback
New user seeking OSCAR feedback
My longest night yet with the machine. I'm very claustrophobic and finally started to adjust to the experience but I've also noticed my average pressure is very low. Is this okay?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New user seeking OSCAR feedback
Welcome. Please take a look at the flow limits chart. Compare it to your pressure chart. Please note that when your flow limits increase your pressures increase. 

Flow limits are apnea just like the other O and H events. They are not timed and are smaller but your machine reacts to the flow limits to stop larger events (H and O). 

We use EPR (exhale pressure relief) to control them. To do that we need to increase your min and start EPR. 

I would suggest you make the following changes. 

Min7
EPR3

Post tomorrow and tell us how you feel with the new settings.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Most adults feel starved for air at pressure of 4 or slightly higher. That is probably contributing to your claustrophobia. I think Stacey's recommendation should help.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you! I found more pressure slightly more anxiety provoking, but I felt that way even at the 4 and I've come to tolerate it better with each passing day so I know the same will be true of a higher minimum. I also couldn't figure out how to change the EPR settings but this lovely board has been an endlessly helpful resource so I will do both tonight and report back tomorrow!

Edit to add: I'll also be trying a full face mask tonight. I am chronic sinusitis sufferer so I am finding myself mouth breathing a fair amount.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-09-2021, 03:11 PM)staceyburke Wrote: Welcome. Please take a look at the flow limits chart. Compare it to your pressure chart. Please note that when your flow limits increase your pressures increase. 

Flow limits are apnea just like the other O and H events. They are not timed and are smaller but your machine reacts to the flow limits to stop larger events (H and O). 

We use EPR (exhale pressure relief) to control them. To do that we need to increase your min and start EPR. 

I would suggest you make the following changes. 

Min7
EPR3

Post tomorrow and tell us how you feel with the new settings.

What a difference the new settings made, thank you!!!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
How do you feel?
Post Reply Post Reply
I have Multiple Sclerosis and I have been having a bit of a flared up week because of the heat where I live, so I've been really struggling with the appraising how you feel the next day aspect of the CPAP treatment. I do think I feel a bit less foggy and more clear headed today though, and I am going to just assume it's the treatment!
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes it does look better. But there are still floe limits I think we can help.

Please try EPR 3

Leave other settings alone and post tomorrow. Again tell us how you are feeling and if this makes you feel better or not.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
I do have the EPR on 3, but I am realizing now I set my min to 6, I'll bump up to 7 tonight.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-10-2021, 06:10 PM)staceyburke Wrote: Yes it does look better. But there are still floe limits I think we can help.

Please try EPR 3

Leave other settings alone and post tomorrow. Again tell us how you are feeling and if this makes you feel better or not.

Can you say more about the issue with the flow limits in this session? When I looked at the wiki, it seemed like a 95% flow limitation of .06 was a good target but I am still trying to understand all of this data.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] OSCAR Data Review for New User goodfella7763 3 184 04-15-2024, 08:42 PM
Last Post: goodfella7763
  New Bilevel user help with settings (oscar attached) opo218 6 131 04-15-2024, 02:56 PM
Last Post: opo218
  New APAP user looking for guidance on interpreting OSCAR Data MildOSAHighRera 8 645 03-30-2024, 05:52 PM
Last Post: MildOSAHighRera
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 605 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 181 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 286 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Sleep HQ Chart Feedback RobertGeorge 9 316 03-21-2024, 07:05 AM
Last Post: Plmnb

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.