Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New user with question
New user with question
Thanks for letting me join. 

I picked up my Medicare covered CPAP machine 10 days ago. I know there is a 90 day compliance requirement that I am committed to fulfill.

My question: There is no SD card in the slot so I assume my stats are being transmitted wirelessly to my pulmonologist. But I'm a hands on person who would like to see what my readings/results of using the therapy are. Will I mess up compliance if I insert an SD card so I can download into OSCAR? Will they even know?

If I can do this, what size card do I need? I might have an old one here I can use so would I just do a regular format first?

I like to keep up with what's going on with my health.

Thanks so much, Doublereeder2
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New user with question
Welcome! It's great you want to use Oscar. Putting in an SD card won't mess up your Medicare compliance, and if you take the card out before you go to an appointment where you bring in your machine, they'll never know.

Any card that fits in the slot will be fine. Not sure what's on your old one, or whether there'd be a formatting issue, so maybe just get a new one, cheapest you can find.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Doublereeder2!  -  Welcome

You will not mess anything up by using an SD card.  Any SD card from 2 to 32 GB in size will work.  They all are formatted to a FAT32. You will need to have it your CPAP while you use it in order to obtain the detailed sleep information that OSCAR uses.    You can even use the micro-SD cards if you have the full size adapter.    In fact, most current full size SD cards are nothing more than a closed carrier with a micro-SD inside.  

In order to get you started, I have several links in my signature that should prove useful in understanding and using OSCAR.

Good luck!
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you ask me, getting the SD card in the PAP slot is required. Don't fly blind.

I myself stick with standard full sized SD cards but as mentioned micro SD with the adapter may be fine. Walmart, Best Buy, Staples, digital photo shops will likely have them in stock. SD or SDHC in 2-32 GB, the PAP can format it or you can format to FAT32.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, everyone. I picked up a new SD card for a whopping $8, formatted it and popped it in the machine. The display said it was recognized. Now let's see what's going on!
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Get this free report tool to see the very detailed data your new SD will contain. It's built off the same coding that made Sleepyhead and it's safe to download and use. OSCAR
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
How did you format your own SD card?
Post Reply Post Reply
Mine formatted itself in the machine when I first put it in.  You can format it using a computer to FAT 32 i believe.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
The SD card will appear as a drive on your computer when it is inserted in the computer's card reader.  Right-click on its listing and select, "Format".  If you are given any format options, select FAT32. When it is inserted in the CPAP, it will add the files and directories it requires.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-06-2021, 03:12 AM)Sara Wrote: How did you format your own SD card?

I formatted it in my laptop. PC with Windows 10.  Insert card in the slot then:
Open File Explorer, right-click the SD drive, and select Format. Select File System > Start OK
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New CPAP user Question mcast10 2 291 01-07-2024, 10:59 AM
Last Post: mcast10
  new resmed user - question about Myair and airview wooders 4 1,046 08-20-2023, 12:40 PM
Last Post: krsattler
  New User - CO2 Vent Question JohnHornbuckle 5 1,255 04-02-2022, 10:40 AM
Last Post: JohnHornbuckle
Question [Pressure] New xPAP user - Question about Centrals on OSCAR AeroM 41 3,715 02-21-2022, 11:31 PM
Last Post: AeroM
  New Resmed user question and recommendations on settings xamax 5 890 09-13-2021, 02:53 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  New CPAP user here with a question about my elbow sweetnothings 12 1,628 08-15-2021, 10:30 PM
Last Post: sweetnothings
  new user question about my numbers pen123 92 6,266 03-27-2021, 10:52 AM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.