Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New user with questions about MAD device
New user with questions about MAD device
I have tried 3 different types of CPAP machines and they all filled my stomach with air.
Apparently i have a lazy oesophagus which causes this.
Now i have been fitted with a custom Manibular Advancement Device.
The device is large and its impossible to keep your lips tight, i am having real issues with dry mouth with has me removing the device after 3-4hrs.
Anyone with any solutions?
This is my last opportunity to help as ive tried all other solutions.
Please help a very tired exhausted Scotsman. ????????
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New user with questions about MAD device
I don't know too many folk that have great results with MAD, but I'm bumping this thread up in hopes to get you a few responses.

Did a Dentist prescribe this for you? It is his/her responsibility to be sure you have the correct fit.

Also, if you still have your Cpap, we have been very successful in helping folk overcome Aerophagia (the swallowing of air).
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New user with questions about MAD device
A month ago I was complaining to my sleep doctor that my Auto-CPAP was not treating my OSA effectively and if I turned up the pressure to improve the treatment, all I got was a stomach full of air. I was given the opportunity for a no-cost trial of a Bi-level PAP machine, and at the same time I found this site. Over just a few days of publishing my charts on this site for the experts to comment on, I learned about Positional Apnea and that no amount of pressure could fix that.  For some on this site, a Soft Cervical Collar fixes their Positional Apnea.  For me, that was not the solution, sleeping only on my side and never on my back was the solution. You can see the results of my experience on this thread. Look at the Overview chart.

If you can use your CPAP for a few nights and upload your charts, maybe you will be lucky and learn something that helps you. Best of luck!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 143 10 hours ago
Last Post: jcp519
  Juniper's questions juniper 12 266 03-21-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: juniper
  ResMed 10 Card-to-Cloud: no cellular device NelsonM 20 3,035 03-14-2024, 10:08 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New - so many questions Matsu1 4 258 02-25-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Tongue retaining device with cpap question blancobonzo 1 973 02-21-2024, 07:20 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  A few questions!! Iceracer 2 305 01-19-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: Iceracer
  Replacement Device and Leaks jtardo 3 363 01-15-2024, 11:04 PM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.