Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

First off Hi to all.
Been on a trial machine for a month. Now purchased one and been using it for 5 days.
Snored as long as I can remember, but after threats from the wife no more trips in caravan till sorted, thought its time to see Dr.
After first study and a score of 116 AHI put on a trial machine for a month.
Now after second study down to 1.6 and dropping, 0.4 last night on Resmed S10. Don't know how accurate the readings on the machine is compared to sleep study.
But I'm starting to feel more energetic and alert already, I do struggle a bit with the mask, but with all the positive comments and advice I see on this forum I'm sure Ill get over any hurdles.
Thanks to all. looking forward to becoming an active member.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Newbie
Welcome nic.au

Its good to see another user getting good results...
I have to say I didn't realise how badly I was sleeping until I started CPAP...

By the way -
If you are in AU (and even if you aren't) would you mind putting the Town - or the State at least in your profile.
Disclaimer: The 'Advisory Member' title is a Forum thing that I cannot change. I am not a doctor and my comments are purely my opinion or quote my personal experience. Regardless of my experience other readers mileage may vary.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Moriarty.
Other side of the country Perth.
I new how bad I was sleeping but to slack to get it fixed. Hopefully now on the right road:-)
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes welcome nic.au, great to see another Aussie here even though you are so far away from me.

I was diagnosed with 91 AHI but since I started therapy I now average 0.4 AHI so I am very happy with that. Getting comfortable with a mask that works for you is the biggest hurdle but with some patience and persistence you will get there quickly.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi nic.au,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Sounds like you're off to a great start, keep up the good work and hang in there for more responses to your post.
Best of luck to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome nic.au;

I am also a fairly new user of APAP/CPAP. I just got my ResMed S9 AutoSet on Sept 20.

You are on the right path and doing well. Even if there are days when you think "but I am SO tired, how CAN this APAP be helping me?" Stay with it - the body needs time to heal and adjust.
Evpraxia in the Pacific Northwest USA
Diagnosed: 44 AHI when supine, O2 down to 82%
Treated since 20 Sept 2014:: 0.7 AHI, Settings 7-15, EPR on Full Time at Level 3
Better living through CPAP/APAP machines!
Post Reply Post Reply
Great News, I also went from high double digits to readings in .1-1.4 or so..I even had a couple of nights with 0.0 which got me a smiley face I feel better than I have felt in years, sleeping through the night without even a p-call. Haven't taken as much as 1/2 of a Tylenol P.M. in 3 months. CPAP has made a difference in my life.
Post Reply Post Reply
Great News, PANDMFITZ!
Evpraxia in the Pacific Northwest USA
Diagnosed: 44 AHI when supine, O2 down to 82%
Treated since 20 Sept 2014:: 0.7 AHI, Settings 7-15, EPR on Full Time at Level 3
Better living through CPAP/APAP machines!
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome Nic.

Quote:after threats from the wife no more trips in caravan
Was that a threat or a promise? Grin
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome

You're in the right place!
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Newbie - CPAP data review and titration empiricismandstatistics 0 111 04-03-2024, 03:08 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  Newbie Here Tulipdi 4 189 04-02-2024, 08:20 PM
Last Post: Tulipdi
  Do my OSCAR charts and figures look okay (newbie)? Jade98 4 172 04-02-2024, 12:59 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 501 03-27-2024, 05:41 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  newbie looking to get machine dialed in Jpm6179 3 189 03-25-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 285 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 5 264 03-20-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.