Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Newbie APAP user...
Newbie APAP user...
Hello all...

New member that has been diagnosed with mild sleep apnea. I've been thru the forums and have become a lot smarter on this ordeal in the last few weeks. I decided it was time to create and account and my post my initial results. I'm still adjusting in sleeping with the mask and some nights I woken up just removing the mask due anxiety/troubles breathing and mainly annoyed by lack of sleep while adjusting on using the mask. I know it may take some time to adjust and get comfortable in using it daily for the whole night.

My initial pressure settings prescribed are currently set for min. 4 and max. 12. The ramp is off and I messed with min. pressure settings slightly from for 4 to 6 to test due to problems breathing (suffocating feeling) as other users experienced while reading thru the forums. I'm now back to my default settings after changing the A-flex setting to 2 vs. 3 and I'll try out for a few days.

Please see screenshots below and advise how things look and how I can make things better. Also, how would I go back to my Doctor to submit a prescription it seems the min. pressure of 6 is better? Any info is greatly appreciated.

1st rough night (default settings, min.4 max12, A-flex 3):

2nd night (default as above)

Struggle a few nights and tried again a few days later, with min. 6 /max.12, A-flex 3:

Another night with new settings (min. 6 / max.12 /changed A-flex to 2:

Another night, back to default settings (4/12)with A-Flex to 2:

Again, I'm still new to this so I apologize in advance if I'm missing any information. Thanks again and truly do appreciate what you guys do in here.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Newbie APAP user...
Welcome! I'm a new member too, so all I can do is welcome you. Nice job with getting OSCAR installed, and posting your charts.
Post Reply Post Reply
You have an issue with Flow Limits, RERAs, and Hypopneas.  The best treatment is to increase Pressure Support.  Unfortunately, your machine doesn't support pressure support so we must use pressure.  
I suggest you increase min pressure to 7, and expect the possibility of further increases.

That said, the PR Dreamstation Auto is far from the ideal machine for this.  ResMed would be better because of its implementation of EPR or better a BiLevel machine, the next one up the ladder of devices.
Post Reply Post Reply
You could wear it while awake watching tv or reading to help get used to it. Good luck we will help you the best we can.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Headache, Brain Fog, Dizziness, Nausea after APAP Use geosyncline 24 3,220 04-10-2024, 10:17 PM
Last Post: jiyun
  APAP Titration Help Needed dosertg07 2 144 04-09-2024, 11:45 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Pressure] Sefam S Box APAP mode sudden failure Helentw 3 124 04-07-2024, 07:59 AM
Last Post: Helentw
  APAP to VAuto not going well snapperzz 6 222 04-05-2024, 09:15 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Newbie - CPAP data review and titration empiricismandstatistics 0 110 04-03-2024, 03:08 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  Newbie Here Tulipdi 4 187 04-02-2024, 08:20 PM
Last Post: Tulipdi
  [Health] RESMED APAP tuning sleeper2460 17 912 04-02-2024, 01:40 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.