Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Newbie Needs Help - Dreamstation 1030X
RE: Newbie Needs Help - Dreamstation 1030X
I do have the latest beta version of Oscar and unfortunately it will not read the data from Dreamstation 1030 in CPAP mode. The regular version at least imports, but the beta won't even bring it in at all. I talked about it with them here, they say its fixed and it will come out in the latest beta but that was back in January, so yea I'm kinda feeling hopeless. The current non beta version imports it but it rarely marks any events. I attached the latest one, I don't know if it would be of any help. 

Back when I first got my machine and it was in ST mode, it was doing weird things to me. It made my chest hurt, made my head hurt, woke me when I wasn't breathing and made me feel like I was dying, I would wake up light headed like I was on the top of a mountain, etc. But there was this one morning where I felt amazing. It only happened once but it gave me hope. I felt good, happy. I had energy, I went and played with my 10 year old daughter. She was freaked out cause I was in a good mood. It never came back and she commented about how she wanted that dad back and it made me sad as hell because it never came back. But ST mode is similar to ASV, right? So while I'm hopeless I'm also somewhat optimistic that I can actually feel better. I mean, it is possible because I felt it, but then I also feel like man this is my life, I'm just gonna feel like this forever. I feel like I have 5 years max left in me.

I suppose I'm scared... like what if I get the AirCurve and it doesn't help me. I just got so much going on in my head. The other day we were under the house when the tornado came through and there was this large rope down there with these knots tied around it. Kinda like a rope ladder and I was like what the hell is that? My mom started laughing and I was like what is that? She said you made that! Hell no, I didn't make that? I've NEVER seen that before. My dad was there, he was like yea you made that last time we were down here a few years back. You wrapped it around that concrete post. No, I didnt make that. I do not remember that at all. I've been arguing with them for days. I do not remember that. I dont remember birthdays, christmases, high school, last week. I think I've been getting brain damage throughout these years of apnea. Sorry I'm just ranting. Feels good to vent. 

Post Reply Post Reply
Would you be willing to share your data card and some Encore results? This would be very valuable in helping to develop Oscar.

There are huge differences between ASV and your ST. The ST uses fixed pressure with a fixed EPAP and IPAP that is the same on every breath. It follows your spontaneous breathing, and when you have a central apnea, IPAP is triggered on a timed basis. ASV provides automatic adjusting EPAP which changes to stop obstructive events, but pressure support which results in IPAP is variable or "adaptive". With ASV the machine tries to maintain your minute vent, which is a function of the tidal volume and respiration rate. To do this it changes pressure support from a low minimum that is normally set for comfort, but can deliver higher pressure support to defeat hypopnea, and even more pressure support to fully cancel out a central apnea. It does this on a breath by breath basis, and it is designed to treat YOUR condition, while ST is really intended to treat COPD, thoracic weakness and obesity hypoventilation. You are on the wrong machine based on what the manufacturers recommend. The only problem is your doctor is so great in his own mind, he is untrainable.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have no problem sharing my SD card but I do not have Encore. The Encore data was from my doctor. I tried to install it myself but couldn't. Even though they said it didnt need an SQL database, I still ran into that problem during installation and could just never get it to work. I'm not opposed to trying it again or if you or someone else happens to have it installed I can just zip up my card and upload it somewhere.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well you can tell by the quality and lack of detail, that what he is looking at is not very helpful. I think if we can get OSCAR working properly for your machine, we have a shot at helping people like you to understand the finer points of why therapy is ineffective and facilitate conversations with the doctor.

Since OSCAR is not properly summarizing your issues. I would like you to post some 2-minute segments of the charts so that the individual flow-wave is visible. I will try to interpret what we see. Oscar is showing a 100% patient triggered breaths and only 6 BPM which are obvious problems given your backup rate. By looking closer at the flow rate, we can better tell you what i going on thr ugh the night. Finally, what version of OSCAR are you ussing? The current beta version is OSCAR v1.1.0-beta-1 which claims support for the Dreamstation ST 1030X. If you are a member of the Beta Test team than you should be able to see the Oscar Beta Test Forum from the forums index. The new beta version is posted near the top of the page. If you are not a member of that forum, contact Bonjour.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I can confirm that the beta version I have is OSCAR v1.1.0-beta-1. It does read it when it's in ST Mode, but when I switch it to CPAP mode... nothing. I put the card in, it locates it and imports data but I cant even view a date that was done in CPAP mode. The last date it lets me use is January 21st which is the last time I used ST mode. I am in the Oscar beta.

Earlier when I was talking about ST mode and ASV being similar, I guess what I was referencing was that they both can control BPM. My doctor prescribed 10bpm, I didnt know mine was all the way down to 6 bpm. I will never use ST mode again but maybe thats why I felt good that one time? I could totally be misinterpreting things but it gives me hope for ASV. (FWIW: There are ST mode pics attached on the 1st page of this thread) 

I attached 3 pics from last night's cpap data. It's hard to know which areas to zoom in since there are no markers. I screen shot the whole page so you can see the current version number. If you see any other areas you would want me to zoom in or anything, no problemo.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Is the Oscar chart above in CPAP mode? What are the settings? The Beta 1.1.0 Beta 1 apparently did not work with CPAP mode, and the developers have indicated they fixed the problem for the next release. If you are using an ST, why are you in CPAP mode? What was the mode and settings for the Encore chart from your doctor? The big question, why are you using CPAP mode?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Make  zip And place it in my Dropbox

Fred's DropBox Receive SD Cards

https://www.dropbox.com/request/6VeFzBXa4qZ37EgphL5b

It should work
Post Reply Post Reply
Short answer is, I switched it from ST mode to CPAP mode because ST mode made me feel extremely off and scared I was going to die. There were a lot of weird things going on. My doctor was like ok let's just stay in CPAP mode. It's a lot to read but its all discussed in the beginning of this thread.

Here are the initial settings:
Mode: ST
IPAP: 16
EPAP: 11
BPM: 10
Ti: 1
Ramp Start: 7
Rise: 1
Mask Type: Off
Post Reply Post Reply
The closeups in CPAP mode show a great deal of fluctuation in respiratory rate and volume. While these irregularities do not result in flagged events, they are certainly not reflective of normal, healthy respiration or the ability to get good sleep. I don't understand your doctor's reluctance to properly treat you with ASV, but he seems determined to let you languish in CPAP mode or force ST mode on you. I have said this before, get a new doctor. This guy is both incompetent and uncaring. Here is a thread where a new member was on the same path, getting ineffective sleep studies and improper therapy until he just bought the machine he needed from Supplier #2 http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...k-Starting He is now nearly free of events and sleeping comfortably. If you want your life back, it might be worth it to follow that example.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
I read that whole thread, it made me mad at my doctor and optimistic for my future. I want to e-mail my doc today and he will either switch my script to asv or I'm buying one myself. I just don't know how to word it. "Due to my complex apnea, all the data indicates that I would be treated better with ASV. My BPM is down to 6 with CPAP and it's not properly treating my apnea resulting in continuous restless nights and constant naps, I am requesting my prescription be switched to an ASV" Can you help me turn these sentences into a paragraph? I'm not great with the terminology.

Also, I've been using this machine for 2 months and I have had no contact with my supplier and no replacement parts. No new filters, been using the same pillows for 2 months. Is that normal? They said they would be in contact with me within a week to make sure everything's ok. I'm mad at my doctor, I'm mad at my supplier, they've both failed me. Reading that thread gives me hope, I read another one like it last week. Both cases where ASV was needed.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Newbie - CPAP data review and titration empiricismandstatistics 0 130 04-03-2024, 03:08 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  Newbie Here Tulipdi 4 211 04-02-2024, 08:20 PM
Last Post: Tulipdi
  Do my OSCAR charts and figures look okay (newbie)? Jade98 4 194 04-02-2024, 12:59 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 515 03-27-2024, 05:41 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  newbie looking to get machine dialed in Jpm6179 3 213 03-25-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 308 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 5 281 03-20-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.