Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Newbie, Severe ear pain over 4 nights
Newbie, Severe ear pain over 4 nights
Newbie, trying to navigate, please accept my sincerest apologies for any mistakes in posting.  I am so darn tired and trying to read up & educate on all of this.  I've been able to wear it for about 2-6 hours a night this week and my ears are absolutely excruciating!  Never felt pain like this before in my life.  Can the APAP cause ear infections or perf ear drums?  

The mask is some sort of nasal pillow I think (sorry, I'm learning!); looks like a bubble that rests against my nostrils and then goes over my mouth.

Could someone please guide me to any knowledge base or support?  Very, very grateful this page exists!  Thank you anyone.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Newbie, Severe ear pain over 4 nights
Hi bosskyroyale!   Welcome

For the Reader's Digest version; a Full Face Mask (FFM) covers both the nose and mouth area.  A Nasal mask covers only the nose.  A Nasal Pillow provides sealing cushions that only contact the end of the nose.

Here is a Wiki covering the different types that will go into more depth:  http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php/Mask_types
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Crimson Nape!  This was very helpful.  I discovered my mask is a ResMed FFM AirFit F30 S.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK, you have a hybrid mask.   I left that one group out since it has so few masks under that classification. It is treated as an FFM when configuring the settings on the CPAP. Excellent mask by the way...
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Question: in trying to learn what my OSCAR graphs mean, is there a "normal" example somewhere I could compare my statistics to?  Something that I could see that charts what I should be, versus what is considered "bad"?
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi bosskyroyale! - Welcome

Please see, "The Guide to Understanding OSCAR" link in my signature.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
For the ear pain it would be a good idea to make an appt with an ent. but, first call your sleep doc and ask him what to do while you're waiting for the ent appt.
First Diagnosed July 1990

MSgt (E-7) USAF (Medic)
Retired 1968-1990
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 379 Yesterday, 05:41 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  newbie looking to get machine dialed in Jpm6179 3 130 03-25-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 189 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 555 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 5 200 03-20-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Side sleeping and shoulder pain SCgargoyle 9 981 03-19-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: skcampbell2
  Still Only Sleeping 4-5 Hours Most Nights AustinSV 5 251 03-12-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: Plmnb

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.