Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Newbie - SystemF therapy thread
RE: Newbie - SystemF therapy thread
Yea that sounds good, ill try min 13cm and max 15cm. Hopefully the collar does the trick. Have you ever heard of people getting even a lower AHI while using lower pressure with nasal mask? My ENT has told me i have a large tongue, i have a theory that because of that, the way a full face mask delivers air through your mouth it would push the tongue back into the airway. While with a nasal mask the air bypasses that area and goes straight through and down your trachea.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just got my cervical collar i ordered on Amazon but when i lay down with it, it seems to dig into my neck and feels uncomfortable. Anyone here that has a softer one to recommend or any tips? I just ordered a collar called "The Eliminator", and it seems a bit less intrusive. Hm
Post Reply Post Reply

Hello, i would like to ask for some quick advice. Ive made the switch to bilevel and am still getting a few OA's. Should i turn up my EPAP in order to prevent those and if so by how much. I've Attached a screenshot, Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
Why do you have the CA events turned off?
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
dang i didnt notice, how do i turn it on?
Post Reply Post Reply
Look on the Daily screen, below the graphs on the left side. There should be an unchecked CA listing. Select it.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hmm where the little arrows bring up a list, i see it but it only shows the 4 events. If i go back to the data of my regular old Airsense 10 i see 6 which includes CA and RERA, but with this new Aircurve 10 OSCAR is only showing the 4 events shown, strange. On the machine itself its reporting 0.0 Central AI so maybe thats why?
Post Reply Post Reply
Do you have a Resmed ASV? If so, ah-ha!
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Dont think so, it says Vauto Smile. The ASV are labeled as Aircurve10 ASV on the machine correct?
Post Reply Post Reply
The ASV is the only model that I know of that will not report CAs, since it is designed to address these specifically. I don't know what is happening, but I don't feel all is right. Hopefully, someone else can provide additional information. I use an AirCurve 10 VAuto, and it reports 5 types of events, LL, CA, OA, UA, and H.

Since you are switching from an AS10 to the AC 10, you might try creating a test profile and import only the AC10 data to see what happens. After testing, you can delete it if you wish.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 376 Yesterday, 05:41 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,060 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 154 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 251 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,262 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,337 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  newbie looking to get machine dialed in Jpm6179 3 128 03-25-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.