Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Newbie looking for a clue
RE: Newbie looking for a clue
We all react to illness differently,  I too have not heard of a connection between aerophagia and diarrhea, but that does not mean that is not so for you.  Goal is to get you without the aerophagia first, then attack your apneic issues.  Need to get you comfortable, at least fairly so.
Post Reply Post Reply
not being critical but genuinely curious,, the earlier post you suggested going up slowly in .2 increments and the latest post you suggest going right to 7 or 8? Just trying to make sense of this all. Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-01-2019, 04:55 PM)mike291068 Wrote: not being critical but genuinely curious,, the earlier post you suggested going up slowly in .2 increments and the latest post you suggest going right to 7 or 8? Just trying to make sense of this all. Thanks!

Mike I think Bonjour was saying your ultimate target Is a minimum of 7 or 8 but to take a number of days/weeks to get there creeping up on the target in 0.2 increments if Areopagus gets bad back off the pressure again.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-01-2019, 04:33 PM)mike291068 Wrote: I actually saw a previous poster(different forum I believe) which had the same issue as me and she basically got mocked and made fun of to the point where she stopped responding?? That's partially why I was reluctant to even bring this up.

Mike, at this forum, you won't see people mocking anyone for anything.  It's important that you feel comfortable asking your questions here, and I hope you'll continue to do so.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks! I appreciate the support and am grateful/shocked at how many people are out here to help. I know there can be a tendency for things to be misconstrued with forum talk but I'm not that afraid  Bigwink to share personal things especially if I think it will help others(including myself)! Heck I've already shared way more than I would have pre-CPAP I suspect. The progress I've made already is astounding and it's only been 2 weeks! I never knew what life was like with proper sleep!! I also don't want to p*** off well meaning posters by coming off as a smart ass. Sometimes trying to add humor can also be misconstrued. 

Incidentally, I still have a long way to go which is both encouraging and daunting. The hurdle of the day is whether to sleep at all without the CPAP. . Last night, I had my mask on from 11-8. I was still tired this AM(go figure) so decided to take mask off and see what happened. I did fall back asleep for a bit and got "different" sleep. I can't even really describe how it's different but it doesn't feel bad and I'm wondering if this helping, hurting or doesn't matter?? I think I know the answer but will ask again and look forward to feedback.
Post Reply Post Reply
You do NOT come off as a smart ass. About grabbing that extra sleep without the machine: you do know the answer. The main reason to avoid this, I think, is to help your mind and body adapt as quickly and easily as possible to your apnea therapy. You slow that process down when you sleep both with and without the machine. We are creatures of habit in many ways, and we benefit from creating strong habits that help us.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's always better to maintain consistent xPAP therapy than to skip over sleep sessions without therapy. Keep up on it as best as you can control. And don't worry too much on humor, you'll be OK I think. However, if you turn out not OK...you can buy AB members a big coffee. Me first.

lots-o-coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here's my last few nights. I increased minimum to 8 last night and am thinking it is too much. Had a rough time sleeping, had to tighten mask to prevent leaks, etc so am thinking of going back to 7 for now or maybe somewhere in between. Also the aerophagia was worse last night but tolerable I suppose. Pepto bismol seems to have taken care of the diarrhea issue. I got a call from sleep doc's office and said he wants to see me "face to face" [Image: icon_eek.gif] [Image: icon_biggrin.gif] Not sure if I will get scolded for changing pressure on my own, we shall see but at least he cares(I think) lol. My follow up wasn't scheduled until next month but I will now be going to see him Friday. Any thoughts/input?

Oh and the big gap Saturday I woke up wide awake and decided to get some work done!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I would set your min pressure to 7 and leave it there, your numbers are good. your doc should love that.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi mike291068,
WELCOME! to the forum!.
Good luck in getting your settings dialed in, you don't come off like a smart ass because you ask a question.
You will find this forum very helpful.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 392 03-27-2024, 05:41 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  newbie looking to get machine dialed in Jpm6179 3 135 03-25-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 194 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 5 206 03-20-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] [NEWBIE] I cannot sleep with CPAP colethegamer 11 489 03-06-2024, 10:58 AM
Last Post: colethegamer
  Newbie with extreme swallowing air Burrells5 3 274 02-28-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Newbie - Can't seem to Fall Asleep with Apap on JoniBean 4 298 02-27-2024, 12:13 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.