Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Newbie question - No OSCAR data yet.
RE: Newbie question - No OSCAR data yet.
A BiLevel provide the capability of a much higher value of EPR. No it doesn't, it provides higher differences between exhale and inhale with what is termed PS or Pressure Support. With ResMed we use EPR to mimic this effect to impact your therapy. Hypopnea, Flow Limits, RERAs, UARS, and Snores respond better to this pressure differential then they do to just pressure. EPR is considered to be a comfort only feature, but we know better.

There are other differences but this is the one that will have the biggest impact for you.
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree with Fred that a bilevel machine is probably a much better solution for you. The collar may help and we will hope for the best, but I think you will eventually use a Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto, whether you get it through your doctor or buy it off the web, new or used. The kind of flow limitation I'm seeing in your charts is treated best with pressure support, not just forcing more CPAP pressure.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you both! I have a collar to try starting tonight. Won’t be near my PC for a few days so won’t be able to share data until next week. I’ll check in with an update as soon as possible.

I have an appointment with my doc in a couple of weeks, I will discuss the results and the idea of a bilevel with him then.

Thanks again and all the best for the new year!
Post Reply Post Reply
First, I want to apologize for the LONG delay in getting back here.   I won't make excuses, just will say that time got away from me in a big way.

I want to say THANK YOU!  The soft collar seems to have made a world of difference.  I am attaching an OSCAR screen shot from last night.  It is a good representative of what an "average" night has looked like for me since i started wearing it.   I am sleeping so much better now and the numbers seem to back that up.  Maybe I'll be able to avoid having to replace my machine with a bilevel.  

Thank you all again!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
This shot shows the flow limits graph.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-27-2019, 10:40 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Since you experience aerophagia with higher pressure, and beyond a certain point higher pressure does not appear helpful, I think your minimum pressure of 11.0 looks good, and a maximum pressure 14 may help in achieving less disrupted sleep.  A pressure range of 3-cm is usually effective and we should give 11 to 14 a shot to see if that is true for you.  We can see that events of hypopnea, RERA and flow limitation are strongly clustered, and a soft cervical collar could probably tame those.  The choice is yours, and whether the positional therapy is better or worse for your sleep should drive your decision.  The key objectives with CPAP therapy are reducing the events and maintaining comfort.  This needs to be a balanced goal with comfort and "how you feel" being more important than great numbers / AHI.

SleepRidder

I just wanted to confirm, should oscar show/infer RERA's for Airsense 10 Autoset machines? The below is an example I think is an example of a RERA but I am not 100% sure, I just changed from Philips to Resmed last night, on the Philips i averaged 1-2 per hour; but I didn't have any from the Resmed machine last night (which is unusual)

Average Philips Night
[attachment=23940]

Last Night with ResMed
[attachment=23939]

This is an example of what I thought was a RERA signature
[attachment=23937]

Thank you for your help/confirmation

'Yogi
Post Reply Post Reply
I would call that a RERA.
Post Reply Post Reply
Wow! That is classic RERA by the definition, an increasing rate of flow limitation followed by recovery breathing indicating arousal.  

Can we use that image in a wiki?  This absolutely defines RERA and shows a recovery from the flow limitation leading to it.  This suggests to me it may have a positional cause with increasing pressure on the airway leading to the arousal and a change in position.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=23937]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You can use that in the wiki; but I guess that answers the question, my AirSense machine doesn’t detect or infer RERA’s
Post Reply Post Reply
And what bugs me is the “new” AirSense 10 autoset I got that producted that data - it’s serial number starts with 2220... which I thought meant it was built this year and had RERA detection. I only bought the machine yesterday but without RERA’s it’s kind of annoying because I can’t compare it to the Philips data.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Adjusting Settings based on Oscar data rygonzo93 4 76 9 hours ago
Last Post: gainerfull
  Help reading OSCAR data JenniferJuniper 24 1,287 Yesterday, 10:17 AM
Last Post: JenniferJuniper
  [CPAP] Help with OSCAR data to help improve sleep Akaharu 7 254 Yesterday, 04:04 AM
Last Post: Akaharu
  [CPAP] OSCAR Data Review for New User goodfella7763 3 184 04-15-2024, 08:42 PM
Last Post: goodfella7763
  Just getting started, looking for an OSCAR data review mattcole3 3 112 04-12-2024, 12:56 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Help - OSCAR Data Flspearfisher 2 387 04-11-2024, 01:09 PM
Last Post: Flspearfisher
  Oscar Data Interpretation UPDATED Johand77 1 112 04-10-2024, 08:37 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.