Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Newbie.. sleepstudy completed and need help with Resmed Airsense inital setup
Newbie.. sleepstudy completed and need help with Resmed Airsense inital setup
Dear Members,

I recently completed a sleep study and was diagnosed with Severe OSA. The recommendation was to do a CPAP trial.
I have purchased a Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset system with Philips Dream wear Nasal Mask (I breath through nose).

Need help with initial setup for the Resmed unit (minimum air pressure and other EPR).

Attached is the sleep study report for your reference.

Appreciate your help and guidance …

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Newbie.. sleepstudy completed and need help with Resmed Airsense inital setup
(07-31-2019, 12:16 PM)SABETTERSLEEP Wrote: additional attachments...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Newbie.. sleepstudy completed and need help with Resmed Airsense inital setup
Welcome to the forum. Were you not prescribed a pressure or have you been scheduled for a titration study? If you plan to self titrate I suggest you start with a min pressure setting of 6 and max of 20. The machine will not go to 20 unless it is needed to deal with obstructive events and flow limitations. A starting pressure of 4 is too low for most as they feel starved for air. Given the large number of hypopneas in your study I suggest you set EPR at 3. If you don't know how to access the settings the instructions can be found here:  https://www.apneaboard.com/resmed-airsen...setup-info

Since you have OSCAR you probably know you need and SD card. Instructions on how to organize and post data are in the links below. Please follow the instructions on how to format the daily chart. Feeel free to ask any questions and post data from the first night or to. We won't be able to optimize your settings until we see data.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thank You Melman.. I have not gone for a titration study.
I will upload the Oscar reports after going through for few days..

Appreciate your reply.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Newbie.. First day Oscar screenprint - need help with Resmed Airsense setup
First day Oscar screenprint
Post Reply Post Reply
Congratulations! You have achieved significant improvement from your sleep study results. In my opinion, you don't need a titration. Although we only have data from one night it appears self titration using OSCAR data will be adequate. I suggest you increase your minimum pressure to 8 which is just below your median. Hopefully it will reduce your obstructive events and smooth out the pressure changes. It's possible it may increase your CAs. If the increase is significant we will want to back off a bit. New users often have treatment emergent CAs that go away after a while as your body adjusts to the treatment.  In future posts please replace the AHI chart with the flow limit chart. Post again soon so we can see the effect of the pressure increase.

EDIT: Unless you find the presssure of 8ninitially uncomfortable, I suggest you turn off ramp. Your losing 45 minutes of treatment each time you start the machine.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
You have Ave your EPR set at 3. To take full advantage of this set your min pressure to min EPAP + EPR or 4 + 3= 7
Post Reply Post Reply
Bonjour is correct with his advise, because the higher pressure will help avoid the obstructive apnea events. I'd like to suggest the minimum pressure of 7.0, but also back off on EPR to a setting of 2 to perhaps reduce some of the CA events as well. As a new user you are not accustomed to the extra ventilation that happens when exhale pressure is 3 cm lower than inhale. Try a EPR 2 and minimum 7, and I think you will like the results.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply
latest screenprint …. with 2 EPR and Min Rate as 7...
Post Reply Post Reply
Attached are the Oscar screen prints for last 5 days..
Please suggest if any changes are required in the settings.

Ramp is turned Off
Starting Pressure - 7 
Minimum Pressure - 7
EPR - 2
Max Pressure - 20
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 70 25,749 2 hours ago
Last Post: her.suit
  Tech Nerds-think this battery setup will work for Transcend Micro? johnbrain 7 101 3 hours ago
Last Post: johnbrain
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 21 415 3 hours ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 382 Yesterday, 05:41 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
Cool Smallest travel CPAP setup w/ Transcend Micro kotaKat 4 1,678 03-25-2024, 04:52 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  newbie looking to get machine dialed in Jpm6179 3 130 03-25-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 190 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.