Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Newbie to this board: Lots of questions
RE: Newbie to this board: Lots of questions
(08-30-2019, 07:26 AM)bonjour Wrote: Welcome to the Forum

I too would like to see a full copy of your sleep studies.  The summaries tend to leave some important info out.

Your symptoms are/were worse than your AHI would normally indicate which has me looking for flow limitations and RERAs.  The good news is that your pressure at 7 and EPR of 3 is definitely a good way of managing them.

Important is your AHI trends and how you feel.  My numbers jump to the 2.5 to 3 range often enough that I notice.  My Norm is a ,5.  My "fix" is to ignore these.  Spot jumps to higher numbers we also ignore.  If your numbers have shifted to AHI of 5 for several days, especially if over time, not that we want to address

We do that with an experiment called titration. This means a change in pressure, usually up, then look for changes in both numbers and in how you feel.  Both are important.  The expectations are a decrease in AHI and a decrease in symptoms.

It can take several days to properly note changes so we want to take our time.  In the lab these changes are made with a min of 10 to 20 minutes of data which we lack.

If the above defines you set your pressure to 8 and let us know the results.

OK, thank you,  I will try that and let you know.  Appreciate your input.
Post Reply Post Reply
Also, wondering if I should try to switch to the ResMed Autoset 10 for her.  It seems I could get more information and better therapy.   This whole thing started when I went to the ENT doc and complained about snoring, tired, etc.  Had me do the sleep study and then had the medical equipment company deliver the equipment...the tech fitted me for a mask and gave brief instructions and then was out the door.  LOL!  busy guy!
I hate to say this, but the doctor seems to know less about it than I do (I am a retired ICU nurse).   Maybe just busy...tells me the medical equipment company can "tweak it."  I guess I did all the tweaking.  OK... no more complaining.  I am determined to keep on with this as I do feel much better.

Any comments on the ResMed Autoset 10 for her?

thank you?
Post Reply Post Reply
I would definitely endorse the idea of getting an Airsense 10 Autoset, and the for-her model has an additional algorithm at the same cost. You will find the data really helps optimize results, and the auto algorithms will adjust pressure ahead of events. It is an excellent machine. Supplier #33 has good prices.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her is IMHO the best CPAP on the market.  It certainly delivers very detailed data.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks   I'm going to check it out and see if I can get one.
Post Reply Post Reply
testing how to upload screenshot.  Hope this is OK

Post Reply Post Reply
One more question:  air-swallowing!  aerophagia is a bit of a problem.  It seems like I am blowing up with air at night.  I have just been ignoring it.
(it also seems to help with gastric reflux, how weird)
Doesn't seem to be any worse with my pressure up to 8.0.  
I am thinking...I am on straight CPAP.  If I ask the doc to change my prescription to Auto.... will this help with the air swallowing?
I had no idea about asking for the right machine... I was just given the brick by the DME.   Also, my prescription states "CPAP."
I have had the machine a year, now.  I am sure they are not going to want to just hand over the AirSense AutoSet for Her  w/o doc's sayso.  So I am wondering if the aerophagia will be enough to ask for the change.

I raised my pressure to 8.0, since my AHI was trending up, consistantly.  Seems to be helping.  Only two nights in, so too early to tell, I think.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 154 Yesterday, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 382 Yesterday, 05:41 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  newbie looking to get machine dialed in Jpm6179 3 130 03-25-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 190 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Juniper's questions juniper 12 270 03-21-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: juniper
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 5 203 03-20-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] [NEWBIE] I cannot sleep with CPAP colethegamer 11 480 03-06-2024, 10:58 AM
Last Post: colethegamer

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.