Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Newguy99 Therapy Help Thread
Newguy99 Therapy Help Thread
Hopefully I'm including the right info to get some help after reading Oscar posting guidance.

Back on CPAP after 5 years, 30+ days in. I have redacted my sleep report for that post. My AHI per Oscar is much higher than the data from when I did CPAP 5.5 Years ago (Sleepyhead) which was like 0.5-1.5 most night versus all over the place but higher now.

I'm finding my F30i is leaking more, is it worn out?? I can't afford a new cushion every month and my Medicaid insurance, if I time it perfectly get 3 cushions a year. Sad
With my old machine I used an F10 (with a gecko nose pad that wore out) leaked some but the cushion I think lasted a whole year. Silicone seemed "thicker" than the F30i.

I feel like most nights I'm awake ALL night bothered by mask/ leaks, is there a way to figure what part of night I'm ACTUALLY Sleeping? I'm posting my almost 6 year old Sleep Study info and a screen shot from last night.

Last part from sleep study didn't fit:
sleep. Of the 331 minutes of positive airway pressure titration time the patient was awake for 93 minutes.

Recommendations: 
1) study indicates severe sleep apnea
2) Positive airway pressure was performed and this patient's sleep disordered breathing was effectively treated.

auto-CPAP (10-15CM of water pressure) will be ordered by Sleep Laboratory

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Newguy99 Therapy Help Thread
My first thought is you need to fix the leaking first.  Are you still a stomach sleeper?  I thought I read that in another thread. It seems like you probably are having a lot of mask movement causing those leaks.  

Once you are into high leak territory as you are, you can't really trust the data as the Cpap may be missing something.  
So you need to find a different sleeping position.  If that's not possible, then a different mask type that may work with stomach sleeping.  I really can't help with that, but hopefully there are other stomach sleepers here and can advise.

Your minimum pressure is a bit low, and should be set closer to your median pressure, but that probably won't make a difference until you can get the leaks under control.

If it weren't for the leaking, I would set the pressure range to 10 min - 16 max.   If CA's continue, then the EPR is too high, but you need some EPR to help with Flow Limitation and snores.   So work on the leaks first.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I can see why the mask leaks would be disruptive. It might be time to investigate a new model or size for a mask. The Dreamwear uses a very similar form, and might work better for you. Users have given good reviews to the Amara View full face in the Reviews forum. Do some research on alternatives, then work with your supplier and see if you can make a change next time you are due for replacement.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-11-2021, 12:38 AM)newguy99 Wrote: I'm finding my F30i is leaking more, is it worn out?? I can't afford a new cushion every month and my Medicaid insurance, if I time it perfectly get 3 cushions a year. 
You've been given excellent advice. Let me add that in most cases there is no need to replace mask cushions monthly. I've been using the same AirFit F20 mask cushion  for over a year with no issues. The monthly replacement schedule is designed to maximize the profits of the suppliers. The actual required frequency of replacement may vary depending on the mask and how well it's cared for but I believe very few of us on the forum replace cushions monthly.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
I wanted to jump in and say I’ve also had really good success with the F20 lasting longer than advertised.

I find that a quick face wash before bed and wiping down the mask seal every night ensures I don’t have serious leaks (when I don’t do something stupid).

Lastly do you think the sizing/fit on your mask is optimal? As you’d guess if it’s not quite right it won’t work as well.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Everyone so far, well last night I forgot  to put the SD card in, it was a bad session had on for 4.5 hrs (though green faces as always on leaks LOL), took off slept another 6 without felt better than most full CPAP nights. Will see what LL looks like tomorrow.

OpalRose/Sleeprider etc  yeah side for head/ stomach or side for body sleeper. I know I can't flip side to side as much as my body wants due to EVEN the overhead AirSupply of the F30i.

In theory F30i is supposed to be a good choice for side/stomach/active sleepers. In my 30 day period, ordered the Dreamwear "backup"/free mask I have but not tried. Some Sleep Technician on youtube "lankylefty27" says not good if face not wide, my face may not be wide enough for it but will try at some point.

I have already bumped my min from 7 (Doctor set) to like 7.8, will try a bit higher.

I used the printout and cut measuring forms for both the F30i and Dreamwear so think they should be correct size.
Post Reply Post Reply
You'll learn soon enough the green grinning ghoul is stupid, and will challenge your sanity. I suggest not trusting it further than you can throw your car.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have to figure out the leaks in general, some sessions have been much better, some much worse than previous post. How low does it need to be? and if it's is say 24, is exceeding it for short periods ok?

If I switch to say for example the dreamwear vs the f30i do I need to "adjust" because it may have a different planned leak than the ResMed mask?

I have attached a screen shot from about a week ago better leak numbers, any thoughts on data with the lower leak numbers?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Good luck brother!
Post Reply Post Reply
IMO brief leak spikes will likely cause an arousal or sleep disruptions. 24 is ResMed's leak redline, so I'd suggest being below that by a safe margin. My own leak rates are about 9 here lately. Your leak rate goal isn't a zero. Using this most recent OSCAR, I'd say the only area needing addressed is that blowout near the end of the session, then maybe those high spikes scattered around the middle.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,068 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 165 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 254 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,264 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,357 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 966 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,209 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.