Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS
What about PRS1 users?
Has anyone heard about Philips responses for PRS1 machine users?   All I've heard about is DS1 users.

Has anyone with a PRS1 machine signed up with Philips and gotten any kind of info?  Or a new DS2 machine?
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: What about PRS1 users?
(09-22-2021, 09:43 PM)archangle Wrote: Has anyone heard about Philips responses for PRS1 machine users?   All I've heard about is DS1 users.

Has anyone with a PRS1 machine signed up with Philips and gotten any kind of info?  Or a new DS2 machine?

For what it's worth, my DME told me the System One machines will be replaced with Dreamstation 1 units.  I'd assume they would be reworked machines, but my DME indicated they will be sending out "new" machines--however they define new as being under 400 hours.  I was also unclear if she meant the new ones would be sent to replace DS1 machines, or that they would replace all--including the System One units.

Of course, you talk to 10 different DMEs you probably get 15 different answers.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS
FDA Updates FAQs on Philips Recall
Posted by Sree Roy | Sep 21, 2021, | CPAP & PAP Devices, FDA 

Q: Are the product codes for CPAP and BiPAP machines on the FDA’s device shortage list?

A: Yes, all the product codes under which CPAP and BiPAP machines are classified are on the device shortage list due to device availability issues. These include product codes BZD, NOU, CBK, MNT, and MNS. The majority of these devices are classified under product code BZD.

In determining whether a medical device is in shortage, the FDA considers the entirety of relevant and reliable information and data available to the FDA at the time of a decision.
Post Reply Post Reply
For a bit of clarity, the Dreamstation 2's 510K was approved on July 10, 2020 - over a year ago, predicating the Remstar Auto A-Flex HT and the Remstar SE. So, to Arch and Hairy's point, this Sept 1 approval has nothing to do with the DS2 approval status, other than it was approved as a remedial solution for the DS1 recall. That is one approved solution. The retrofitting is separate, and I don't believe we've seen an approval there yet. That is where the DS2 foam itself will be looked at a little closer. But, I think there is a very high expectation that it will be approved or they wouldn't have approved the DS2 for replacement in the first place.
Post Reply Post Reply
I believe I have significant complications  from the dream station.I am trying to locate physicians with experience in managing this particular problem
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-23-2021, 11:35 AM)shlevinemd Wrote: I believe I have significant complications  from the dream station.I am trying to locate physicians with experience in managing this particular problem

I am so sorry to hear that. Good luck, and if you can please keep us updated.
Post Reply Post Reply
Unanswered questions:

In an effort to help resolve relevant questions we have so far hit the preverbal brick wall. I decided to reach outside the US to see if more information might potentially be available.

Today I sent e-mails to:

Australian Government
Department of Health
Therapeutic Goods Administration 

And the;

Canadian Thoracic Society

I have received notification of the receipt of my e-mails. For now, all I can do is sit back and see if they can provide any new useful information.
Post Reply Post Reply
Fun stuff. After over a month of waiting for the sleep lab to send my sleep study results to my doctor, they finally did and my doctor's assistant sent my prescription to a DME, a Few days later the DME called me and confirmed they got the prescription. I told them I would like to receive a ResMed Airsense 10, they told me ResMed canceled their order due to them having so many backorders or w/e. They said the only machine I could get is a Dreamstation 2, but those are back-ordered without an ETA for when they could even get one. So essentially I went through all the hoops for nothing. With the best result being I could get a Crappy DS 2 within the next year. Sad
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks very much! I will keep you updated

Thanks very much! I will keep you updated
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-23-2021, 10:46 PM)Zalagar Wrote: Fun stuff. After over a month of waiting for the sleep lab to send my sleep study results to my doctor, they finally did and my doctor's assistant sent my prescription to a DME, a Few days later the DME called me and confirmed they got the prescription. I told them I would like to receive a ResMed Airsense 10, they told me ResMed canceled their order due to them having so many backorders or w/e. They said the only machine I could get is a Dreamstation 2, but those are back-ordered without an ETA for when they could even get one. So essentially I went through all the hoops for nothing. With the best result being I could get a Crappy DS 2 within the next year. Sad

Going to be a bad problem, call around and see it you can find one elsewhere and have script sent to them. Have you checked the list above sellers?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Discontinues Numerous Devices and Halts Dreamstation Sales in the U.S. WakeUpTime 48 3,818 Yesterday, 04:49 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,060 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,263 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,604 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,034 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 957 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,200 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.