Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Night 8, it's already Love - Hate. So glad I found you guys!
RE: Night 8, it's already Love - Hate. So glad I found you guys!
I think you need more pressure support when you don’t breath due to the CA’s it would be good to see the flow chart but I suspect the ipap needs increasing to help your periodic breathing I would suggest a value of 13. But you would be better suited an asv machine
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey there FE350. A big welcome to the world of Apnea Board.

You've already been given GREAT advice from others, so I'll be assuming the role of comic relief at some point. Laughter and humor will be needed to combat insanity as we deal with the 3 amigos of Duck (doctor) / DME / health insurance.

I'll try not to be an irritating jerk or other similar Major Payne types. OK well not all the time anyway.

Be assured that, going by the high probability you're headed towards an ASV machine, you and I can make your treatment path loaded with abundant success.

Again I'm assuming you're headed to ASV, try your absolute best effort to get the ResMed unit. I'm not saying Respironics ASV is bad, but I'm certain you'll be pleased with the ResMed and the results it WILL produce.

Mainly, let this post serve as an introduction from this Mixed Apnea patient that happens to have COPD. I don't fit the mold of "normal" by any stretch of any measurable parameters. BTW I've never tried to "fit in" as normal either. FWIW ASV is well suited for ME. And despite COPD should indicate I need the ST, ain't happening here. I skipped that machine, and I'm NOT going there.

Any questions about ASV, just post away and I'll try my best to answer within the limits of my experience of 1 year on ASV.

Coffee salute regarding near-future success.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
This is really simple. PS Of 4.0 cannot cause a breath to overcome your apnea and hypopnea events. The apnea appear central based on some flow response to the timed breaths. You need ASV, but would not rule out higher pressure support. It normally takes a minimum of 6-8 pressure support to cause a breath. Your ST is not intended to treat this condition because you don't need full time pressure support this high.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is my first posting of statistics, please help me analyze
Hi Everyone,
I'm on day 12 of my BPAP therapy, and I believe it is NOT working.  Attached is my Sleepyhead report.  The first file is the entire view of last night, the second upload is a zoomed in view of one of my events.  This is all very new to me, please understand I don't yet know even the questions, let alone answers.  Thanks for your help!
JP
FE350
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Here is my first posting of statistics, please help me analyze
Hi,

I am also using an AirCurve 10 ST, with ST mode enabled. I will try to help you as much as I can. 
I have been using it for 2 months now, and I have reached AHI = 0.0. Here is my thread, this will definitely help you: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...-some-help

In the meantime, I can see you are still having a lot of UA (we will consider them OA) and H.

I would recommend you to move to 13/8 for the following reasons:
- in PS4 (11/7) you still have too many H. So PS5 will help reduce the H
- Using EPAP=7, there are still too many UA. Bringing to 8 will help lower the UA.

Let's start from there and tell us tomorrow :-)

PS: What is your backup rate (RR) set in the machine?
Post Reply Post Reply
G'day again JP. It's helpful if you can keep your discussion in a single thread - that way you will have a complete record of all the advice given and how you responded.

Just repeating from the earlier thread, your sleep study showed a huge majority of your apnea was central. You quite likely have the wrong machine, and as it's currently set up it's not doing you any good at all. Basically it's not doing anything more than a basic CPAP with a slightly higher pressure relief. The timed pressure pulses obviously aren't strong enough to overcome your apneas. The changes thibaulthib has suggested might help, but experience of many members here has shown that it's almost impossible to get consistent, stable good results for central apnea using anything other than an ASV.

As mentioned in your other thread, you might be on a path that requires you to "fail" on CPAP then ST before finally getting a chance at ASV. I would raise this immediately with your doctor and ask why you're not already on ASV, and how he thought setting up your machine like a CPAP would overcome central apnea.
Post Reply Post Reply
DB nailed it.  I had to review your other thread to properly answer this one. Your UA events are CA events and your charts are showing a classic failure of an ST machine attempting to treat ASV.  The little "blips" in your detailed charts are your ST's failed attempt to cause a breath.  SR has the only possibility listed in his last post, to increase PS to a level that you do not need full time.

When are you getting an ASV machine?  Talk to your doctor about it now.

Your chart says no CA Events and your doctor will note that unless he looks at the detailed charts, so take in several to show him., the UA events are misclassified CA events, you need to look at the detailed charts to see that, but it is obvious.
Post Reply Post Reply
Guys

Can you give me the link to the other thread please ?

I would like to take a look too.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have put in a request to merge the threads.
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...d-you-guys
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...me-analyze
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Threads have been merged.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Glad to Have a Back-up, RM 11 Sent Back for Repair somewherein413 4 154 04-04-2024, 09:02 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
Question Anyone with head strap padding they love? UKFan643 1 283 02-02-2024, 06:01 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  [CPAP] So far I hate CPAP mindyb01 5 431 01-24-2024, 09:36 PM
Last Post: rogerded1
  UARS - New User - Would Love Some Advice kaelin 3 546 12-25-2023, 01:44 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Negative for OSA - Would love some advice duude 2 395 11-29-2023, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Would love some feedback on OSCAR data kewlpewl 51 5,114 11-09-2023, 02:22 AM
Last Post: kewlpewl
  Love a follow up on my OSCAR readings plz! Captain Howdy 72 6,364 10-22-2023, 07:04 AM
Last Post: Captain Howdy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.