Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

No access to OSCAR data
No access to OSCAR data
I had a similar problem before.

Today, I cannot get OSCAR to export the CSV although it imported data from the SD card.

When I open OSCAR I get this message:

[Image: hGhsMht.png]

Then when I go to export CSV, I get this message:

[Image: P2fyaSP.png]

If I click Yes, the same message appears.

When I check the locations where the file should be saved, I find the files name but they contain nothing (0 Kb).

I checked for ownership and permissions for all involved folders and I have full control.

I also checked if updates were done recently and found :

Driver updates from 
Intel Corporation - Extension - 3.1121.1109.2 on Aug 30 & 31
Update for Windows Security platform - KB5007651 (Version 1.0.2207.20002) on Aug 30.

I am including the debug log.

What should I do next ?
Uninstall and reinstall OSCAR?

DanEm

"If life hands you lemons, make lemonade! Words to live by, especially when you keep in mind that the only way to make them into lemonade is to squeeze the hell out of them."
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: No access to OSCAR data
You might have full control, but does the listing for "Everyone" have full control? Sometimes when a program is running, it will switch the user's name to the app's name or something else.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Are you running any AV software?
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have full control of the folders so does Everyone.

I run the free Avast AV and I have been running it for a long while with no problem with OSCAR.

Although I don't like it, I should do a complete removal of OSCAR (registry and all) and reinstall it.
I think the last time it is what I did.

Other suggestions?????

DanEm

"If life hands you lemons, make lemonade! Words to live by, especially when you keep in mind that the only way to make them into lemonade is to squeeze the hell out of them."
Post Reply Post Reply
I wouldn't remove OSCAR.  If it worked for you before, then you are just masking the real problem.   Many AV programs (Norton in particular) will start to see more and more apps as a threat and block them.  Make sure your AV has OSCAR listed as an exempt app.  Also, as Windows 10 does its updates, it seems that this problem has been reported before.  It limits access by certain apps to your document's directory.

In fact, as I was writing this post, I decided to search for, "Windows 10 won't allow access by my app to my documents folder" and was presented with some following links.

Microsoft  -  Allow an app to access controlled folders

Technipages  -  Windows 10: Block Apps from Accessing Your Documents

Makeuseof  -  Windows 10 "Access Denied" Folder Errors: 5 Easy Fixes

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Strangely enough, C:\users\{YourUserName}\Documents shows as a protected folder!?!?!?  Makes me wonder if it is inherited in all its subfolders.

According to the settings window for Controlled Folder Access:

Quote:Protect files, folders, and memory areas on your device from unauthorized changes by unfriendly applications.

Might be worth a look to see if that option is turned on, and what app(s) were given access.  The setting is buried in Virus and Threat Protection (Ransomeware), but use the search bar to look for "controlled folders".  I had mine turned off from the start, but I don't use Win10 very often...
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
You have an unusual directory structure:

Quote:C:/Users/Dan/2D/Documents/_CPAP/OSCAR_Output_Data/Oscar_Data

Is this really correct? Why there is a "2D" directory between your user directory ("Dan") and the Documents folder?

Have you changed your directory structure on disk recently?
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Quote:Crimson Nape
In fact, as I was writing this post, I decided to search for, "Windows 10 won't allow access by my app to my documents folder" and was presented with some following links.

My system is Windows 11 Pro.  I will look for similar stuff.

Quote:Jeff8356 
According to the settings window for Controlled Folder Access:

It is not the same in Windows 11.  I will look further into it.

Quote:GuyScharf
Have you changed your directory structure on disk recently?

No, not recently.  The 2D is a folder I made to keep stuff I backup to an alternate drive (Wester Digital My Passport 2 TB)
OSCAR was working fine with this structure.

DanEm

Post Reply Post Reply
I ask because I have seen that you like to use non-standard directory structures. While OSCAR will work fine with that, my focus is on whether you changed something about your directory structure, including permissions, that has resulted in your problem. The errors you report are all from Windows denying OSCAR access to something. That's not a problem in OSCAR.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Quote:GuyScharf 
I ask because I have seen that you like to use non-standard directory structures. While OSCAR will work fine with that, my focus is on whether you changed something about your directory structure, including permissions, that has resulted in your problem. The errors you report are all from Windows denying OSCAR access to something. That's not a problem in OSCAR.

I would agree with your statement except I checked all the permissions and they are not changed. Everyone has full permission to all folders concerning OSCAR.

There were no updates to my laptop concerning stuff related to OSCAR.

It was working well yesterday and I used OSCAR more than once. Today, it's not working?????????

I will do as I did in the past and remove OSCAR, clean all folders and registry and then reinstall OSCAR.  Hopefully it will work!!!!

Edit: By the way, OSCAR import my data from the SD card and displays the proper information. It is just the export that is not working.

Can you give me the standard path for the export of CSV files?

DanEm

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR not recognising SD card data from BMC alid 4 39 6 hours ago
Last Post: alid
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 83 Yesterday, 01:07 AM
Last Post: Ibrumley
  Trouble importing data to Oscar bubbafoxus 2 91 03-22-2024, 05:40 PM
Last Post: bubbafoxus
  OSCAR Profiles and Combining Different Brand CPAP Data StratCat48 2 49 03-22-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: StratCat48
  Where Oscar put the data file? Rosacer24 0 60 03-22-2024, 12:16 AM
Last Post: Rosacer24
  There's 1.5 years of data in my OSCAR, but now there's a problem Snackers 8 227 03-19-2024, 03:36 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  OSCAR v1.5.2- error code 5, unable to write to data directory sleepynotion 2 109 03-18-2024, 12:09 PM
Last Post: sleepynotion

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.