Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

No event recorded by Resmed Aircurve 10 VAuto but...
RE: No event recorded by Resmed Aircurve 10 VAuto but...
Thanks for the input and suggestions.
I went ahead and purchased this one:
Wellue Fingertip Pulse Oximeter, Blood Oxygen Saturation Monitor with Batteries for Wellness Use Bluetooth
I don't know if it'll work with Oscar. I hope it does but it was a lot cheaper than the other ones from Wellue and it does work with a phone app so I have something to work with as far as logs go I hope.
I do suffer from anxiety. But I am not dreaming, nor thinking when I awake. I just wake and then start wondering what caused it. I listen for sounds, make sure no lights in the window, noone's up. But nothing, my wife's sleeping like a baby. She snores sometimes but I also listen to see if maybe I'm sound sensitive and it's her snoring that wakes me. Nothing there.
But once I'm awake, I feel like I am rarin' and ready to kick some azz. But unfortunately after about 45 min to 2 hrs, I'm dead to the world. A zombie and filled with brain fog.
My AHI numbers are so good, the doc just says everything is fine since I'm way under 5. I typically have less and 1 but still I wake up too early and I don't feel rested at all all day.
I have been starting to slowly creep up the pressures. Hopefully something will reveal itself between that and/or the Oximeter.

Thanks all.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-11-2021, 10:44 AM)SleepFoo Wrote: I woke up with an adrenaline rush this morning, like I typically do because of sleep apnea. Where I am so awake that I can't go back to sleep. I'll have to lay there for a couple of hours before I get real sleepy again. But it seems so odd that an event is not being recorded in some of these instances.
Is there some evidence of my breathing being abnormal in this graph? 

Hi SleepFoo, do you mind if I ask the question ? How do you know that actually woke up due to an EVENT?  I mostly never know when waking up due to event or even know I have had one, I always just presume, just woke up ! So then do others also generally know when wake do know the reason they have woken ?  To some clarify in past times have woken up and known was from Dream and just presume have woken from the dream? but not really know the reason if from the dream or Event except. I did prior to APAP machine did wake up from sleep and pretty sure guess was due to possibly a Central or least did think it was and had a awareness of  the Snoring very quick pig type snorting, and then awake but as said that was some years ago prior  APAP and back then did leave a very fatigued,  sleep time deprived lifestyle.

I should add I do also at occasional times wake up around but mostly 0300-0400hrs, Wide awake, felling well awake on top of the world, feel a Million $,woke up with probably same adrenaline rush, telling should get up clean out my shed, mower the lawn, go for run up the mountain  how good is that Drug "adrenaline" then my head tells me don be a fool have go back sleep fool.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a recording pulse-ox (it's a Contec CMS50F -- got it for $83.25 from Walmart online) and it's great in that it feeds into OSCAR. I also have a Fitbit Charge 4 which does sleep stages (which I upgraded recently from a charge 3 a couple of weeks ago -- they both do the sleep analysis.) The fitbit's data interface is kind of primitive, but I do trust it because I had sleep studies in November and April and the fitbit sleep stages lined right up with the sleep study hypnogram. The fitbit does NOT go into OSCAR, but I can go to the web site and compare time stamps and tell a lot.

If you had a fitbit on, you could go look at the graph and see when the fitbit detected you getting kicked awake, and what was going on beforehand, and how long you stayed awake. You have to be awake more than a certain amount of time for the fitbit to detect it. (I had hundreds of arousals in my sleep study, and the fitbit only saw the dozen or so longer ones.)

What's interesting is that I can see that I am deep-sleep deprived because as soon as I get into deep sleep I'll have some breathing irregularity that wakes me up, and then when I fall back asleep it's not deep sleep. On the other hand, if I wake up in REM sleep I will frequently go directly back to REM sleep, or at worst back to REM sleep within a couple of minutes.

Back before I was diagnosed I would have what I called "rage dreams" where I would be having some dream where I was absolutely furious. I would then wake up with the huge rush of adrenaline and no one to throttle LOL.

If you look under the OSCAR preferences on the CPAP tab, there is a little section (which is experimental) called "User Flags". You can define what I call "sub-events" -- shorter than the full 10 seconds needed to score an apnea or hypopnea, and/or less than the size of a hypopnea. These are specifically things that OSCAR thinks it sees when your machine did NOT see an event. I find that there are things that OSCAR is seeing which the fitbit thinks woke me up, and the machine is oblivious to them. I also see flow limitations followed by clear arousals that you can see in the flow rate and flow limit curves, and the fitbit sees them as awakenings, but the machine doesn't flag anything other than the flow limits. And other times I can see flow limits that the machine misses entirely, and they are waking me up!

What I frequently see is that I will have a long period -- like 20-40 minutes -- where the top of the flow rate curve drops steadily from ~25 to ~5, followed by a couple of wild gulping breaths that go at 50,60,70, and then I go along at ~25 again for awhile and then slowly decay down to ~5 again. Usually this is accompanied by deformations in the inspiratory curve, which the machine sees and logs as flow limits. But the change from ~25 to ~5 doesn't get counted as a hypopnea because it happens gradually over hundreds of breaths rather than suddenly over a few breaths. But when those recovery breaths happen during deep sleep I'm done with deep sleep for awhile!

I'm pretty sure that there are other fitness trackers that do the sleep stage tracking, too, it's just that my experience is with the fitbit charge line specifically. I will say that it's been very enlightening!
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-11-2021, 06:45 PM)SleepFoo Wrote: Thanks for the input and suggestions.
I went ahead and purchased this one:
Wellue Fingertip Pulse Oximeter, Blood Oxygen Saturation Monitor with Batteries for Wellness Use Bluetooth
I don't know if it'll work with Oscar. I hope it does but it was a lot cheaper than the other ones from Wellue and it does work with a phone app so I have something to work with as far as logs go I hope.

Hi SleepFoo,
I'm not sure if the oximeter you purchased is an overnight recording oximeter. It should come with its own software to use on your phone, but not sure if it will import to OSCAR.  
Let us know how it works after you try it out.

Here is a list of overnight recording oximeters that work with OSCAR.

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._Oximeters
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Agree with cathyf about the stressful dreams: this signals to me that something was not quite right: pressures/O2/CO2/Events.

with me it is rarely Events, my O2 is always good, so I conclude that in my case it is when I accumulate too much CO2 or allow my IPAP pressures to go too high >>> headache and bruxism.

Hope you will find your O2 levels are fine: if so you would want to look elsewhere.

I see you are running Vauto with PS = 2.0 from 7 -9 or 7.4 -9.4.
This is like fixed s-mode.

Your profile says something like 8 - 11. Is there any reason you are not allowing the machine to go higher with IPAP?

Your FLs seem fine so your PS of 2 seems to be working.

Your tidal volumes look on the low side, but would have to match to your height/weight/medical status. I have noticed that if I can push mine up a bit I get less side effects, I presume blowing off more CO2.
Your Resp rate seems a bit high, but then again there may be a reason for this.
Post Reply Post Reply
It was based on a suggestion to try a lower pressure since I was having an issue with air in my stomach.
I lowered the pressure and have been creeping it up very slowly.

I now have the oximeter I ordered. It does record via a phone app so I will have some kind of a log tonight. I am praying that the results will be good.

Here is another graph of my waking without an event. There are a couple of hills that look funny to me.

Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, here's what the Oximeter is showing for overnight with bipap usage:

and here is what it looks like during a nap I took later when not using the machine:

At 4:52AM I woke up, here's the Oscar report:

Post Reply Post Reply
Here's the rest of Oscar:

Post Reply Post Reply
During the night with the machine on, my O2 dropped to 93%.
My Pulse Rate went up to 120 for ~40 minutes.

Without the machine during the 2 hour nap, my O2 dropped to 91%.
My Pulse Rate did not go over 90 during the nap.

Does this look normal? Do I need to be concerned about my oxygen levels during sleep? Should I post a couple nights worth of data?
Post Reply Post Reply
91-93% oxygen is getting onto the lower side. I can be at 89-90% awake or asleep due to COPD.

This is your danger mark: 88% for 6 minutes. If you see that, and it must be both parts of level and time, then you'll need your doc to place you on supplemental oxygen.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help with new AirCurve 10 VAuto Settings aubreyjs 6 132 6 hours ago
Last Post: aubreyjs
  Does Aircurve 10 Vauto record events and flow limits during ramp mode? SingleH 3 41 6 hours ago
Last Post: SingleH
  [Equipment] Bag for Aircurve 10 without humidifier? melbell 2 111 04-15-2024, 09:09 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
Smile Alan's New ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto Came Today! Deborah K. 20 1,001 04-14-2024, 08:15 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Aircurve 10 Vauto ANTIKATE 5 163 04-14-2024, 12:53 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 17 700 04-14-2024, 05:29 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Bipap VAuto Settings Help Please jonoc99 5 162 04-12-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.