Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Non Standard Masks and the ResMed AirMini
Non Standard Masks and the ResMed AirMini
I am currently experimenting with a ResMed P30i mask where the hose hooks at the top.  If that doesn't work I am going to try the F&P Evora Nasal. Neither one of these are compatible with my AirMini.  I have noticed that there are adapters that I can use with a basic hose so that I don't have to use an AirMini standard mask.   Since I typically do require some type of humidity can I use an HME (Heat Moisture Exchange) such as this
[DME Link Removed] Search Supplier #1 for heat moisture exchanger  with either one of those masks or does the HME have to be directly next to the mask and that wouldn't be the case with either mask.  The HME would have to hook t the top of the P30i or the end of the trunk on the F&P Evora Nasal.  Looking forward to hearing from the form.

-----
Moderator Action: DME Link Removed

To maintain our status as an educational organization, links to DME-owned or DME-operated websites and links to pages that sell prescription-required items are prohibited in forum posts.  This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules.

-----
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Non Standard Masks and the ResMed AirMini
The Airmini uses the same fan motor as the Resmed Airsense 11 series, so there is no reason it should not support a larger tube and mask. The machine is small and intended for travel and even camping, so accessories were sized smaller in diameter and length. The HME requires that expired air pass through so that moisture can be accumulated, and released in the next inspiration. Most conventional masks have a vent at the mask connection that vents about five to seven times the air actually used in respiration, so it is very unlikely a HME would be effective upstream of the vent.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airmini noise question sfr79 38 20,268 03-20-2024, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Blausser
  Medicare Providers for Airmini Supplies knitsafghans 4 152 03-15-2024, 11:07 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Custom-Fitted Masks? TonyBoBony 5 345 03-01-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: TonyBoBony
  Is the AirMini worth it vs. AirSense 11 labrat 10 918 02-22-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Jogreentree
  Connect Medistrom Pilot 12 Plus to Airsense 11 and Airmini? ICS55 2 308 02-18-2024, 11:10 PM
Last Post: ICS55
  [CPAP] Resmed airmini noise NYKP44 0 357 02-09-2024, 01:27 PM
Last Post: NYKP44
  AirMini with Oxygen darral.freund 2 918 02-08-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: darral.freund

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.