Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Noob: Waking up constantly thanks to my oxygen meter (~90% oxygen)
Noob: Waking up constantly thanks to my oxygen meter (~90% oxygen)
Hi, I'm a noob.

So I just got a ResMed autoset and it's been two whole nights using it but each of those nights my oxygen meter keeps waking me up because I presumably running low on oxygen. I checked my data on sleepy head and each of those times I stopped breathing for 10-20 seconds and just before the machine ramps up I'm awake thanks to the meter. 

In each case my oxygen level gets to the lower 90s and freaks me out but I feel just fine. 

Since I'm fairly new to this should I play with different pressures now or should I wait it out until I get more data? My settings are 7-15 for now. The highest it ever went was 11. Ramp setting is off and epr is at 3. Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Noob: Waking up constantly thanks to my oxygen meter (~90% oxygen)
Welcome. Please read up on OSCAR, above in the top marquee. Get some data posted here and we’ll see what’s going on with you.
Post Reply Post Reply

This is the part of the night where I had the most CA episodes.
Post Reply Post Reply
can you show us more. The full night for starters, and your O2 readings. Include OSCARs left sidebar.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Waking up 10+ times a night Valtor 5 118 Yesterday, 02:10 PM
Last Post: Valtor
  Need help... Brain fog and constantly tired pulseoximeter 4 182 03-18-2024, 10:01 PM
Last Post: pulseoximeter
Sad [Treatment] 10 Months In and Still Waking Up After 4 to 5 Hours Burnsy 3 292 03-14-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Burnsy
  Oxygen levels below 90% for 7% of night and below 94% for 34% inspite of Bipap bhavintu79 14 682 03-08-2024, 05:06 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [CPAP] Persistant night waking - Oscar results help please philjones 0 160 03-07-2024, 05:39 PM
Last Post: philjones
Sad [Symptoms] Traumatic life event. Now I'm waking up every night suffocating. BostonEngineer 9 402 03-03-2024, 12:44 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Waking up often Omenislost 3 262 03-01-2024, 10:51 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.