Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Nose congested
RE: Nose congested
I'm looking to see what others have to say as well
Post Reply Post Reply
Interesting question, I think it depends on the design of the mask. I feel like my Air F-20 is not as forceful as the Philips Nasal because the full face vents more. I notice much more air venting from the full face mask then I do the nasal mask so I feel that the pressure is less but it might not be in actuality. It might just be because there is more volume to cover with the full face mask?
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-20-2019, 05:07 PM)Michaely6 Wrote: Is it safe to say that nasal pillows hold the airway open better than a full face mask?

I think that would depend on where and why the airway is collapsing. 

I think is is safe to say the Bleep! and pillows that extend in hold the NOSTRILS open better than other options. 

WillSleep

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I also use the Resmed nasal pillows. The ear nose  doctor likes that I am using a humidifier. The moisture helps keep my nostrils open.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hybrid Masks more comfortable than over the nose FF mask? sleepingbetterinFl 1 53 8 hours ago
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Equipment] Any tips on how to get better airflow in under nose masks/hybrid full face masks? jake79 12 186 Yesterday, 05:19 PM
Last Post: jake79
  [CPAP] Congested/painful itch reaction/face hotness upon use of CPAP Yeliad 6 162 04-15-2024, 10:44 PM
Last Post: Yeliad
  Dripping Nose Lesley19 3 116 04-10-2024, 01:50 AM
Last Post: Lesley19
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,924 03-18-2024, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Staph Infection in Nose: Phaleronic 5 298 03-13-2024, 02:15 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 7,293 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.