Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Not 100% sure yet, but I don't think CPAP is helping me, need suggestions
Not 100% sure yet, but I don't think CPAP is helping me, need suggestions
I'm not sure Sleep Apnea is the root cause or at least whatever the CPAP machine addresses 

Hi I am still using my new Resmed Airsense AutoSet APAP and well I think it's doing what the last one did about 4 days in now, basically before the CPAP machine I was sleeping between 1-5 hours (usually 1 or 2) and waking up and going back to bed or trying to (seems every time I wake up harder to go back to back to bed each time) anyways the first time I had a sleep study I couldn't sleep at all, but I stuck with it and on the second time was able to sleep 2 hours and go a machine. Well that first machine Resmed S10 base didn't help me sleep better basically I was waking up 1 - 2 hours after falling asleep. So they sent me in on other sleep study where I slept 1 - 2 hours again, I mentioned how the S10 is a brick on the OSCAR software so they set me up an Autoset anyways exact same problem.

When I wake up I usually feel like the top of my tongues inflamed, my necks super tight and so are all my joints, sometimes my eyes are sore too. I often get pretty gassy too and itch all over my body which I think the itch is neuropathic bc its everywhere but anti-itch cream seems to work on spots I feel it the most.

Anyways in maybe a week or two more I'll post the data. Do you guys think I should purchase a Contec CMS-50F oximeter, or would that be a poor decision in this sitch?

Secondly if I were to share the data here would me waking up and going to be 3-4 times sometimes make the data not useful? There's a lot of times where I'm trying to goto bed the second time where Im away with the mask on getting used it it.

I feel like you guys might be the only ones able to steer me in the correct direction, I just would like one good nights rest. I have woken up ever like 2-4 hours for at least the past 10 there was a time before that Id goto bed and wake up with 8 sleep hours totally rested.

What would you do in my sitch? I heard there's around 120 different sleep disorders was thinking of looking them all up. What should I do differently with my sleep dr / also look into?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Not 100% sure yet, but I don't think CPAP is helping me, need suggestions
there can be many different causes of fragmented sleep. in my case the biggest cause turns out to be periodic limb movement which the sleep doc ignored and it took me a long time to figure it out on my own. now I recognize a distinct breathing pattern in my flow rate that I've correlated with audio recordings and my wife's reports. see if you had mention of plm in your sleep test, assuming you had one. dig deep, the summary they hand us lacks a lot of important detail. also, in oscar, scroll through your flow rate at a 10 minute view scale looking for brief to longer episodes of patterns that repeat, say, every 10 seconds to 60 seconds; plm's periodicity will be visible in your respiratory response to plm if present. again, lots of things can disrupt sleep; I have no reason to suspect plm in your case but mention it as something to rule out.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum.

The most important thing is to post OSCAR daily charts and let us see what is going on. If you are waking up every few hours that is what we want to see. That didn't come out right. What we want is complete and total success for you. We need to see, via OSCAR charts, what is happening. If that is waking frequently, that is what we need to see.

See the organization and attachment links in my signature to see how too.
Post Reply Post Reply
NVM data uploaded dif hold on lemme format it how you guys want it
Post Reply Post Reply
Here's what I got so far doesn't look like example post though, my monitor is 4k I think it's messing up how the application displays. https://ibb. co/x8 M6BXC added spaces bc new user filter
Post Reply Post Reply
I figured out how to stretch it but I don't see the data in the other areas like the example is there stuff I need to set in some kinda advanced options? https://ib b.co/cC 4yr5T
Post Reply Post Reply
check these and then post a chart

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...pnea_Board
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization
Post Reply Post Reply
Here's the latest graph organized, lemme know if you need it formatted any differently

Also theres some weird bug in appearance if you set the font too high it's like impossible to set it back bc the OK button is outside of the screen and I couldn't resize the window or scroll down so I had to delete profile and recreate. 

Also I had RLS meds and they didn't seem to do anything so I stopped taking but now that I saw you mentioned it I guess I'll start taking it again.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Have you tried anything else for RLS / PLM? Iron and Magnesium are supposed to help. How is your caffeine intake?
Post Reply Post Reply
I've tried magnesium supplements before didn't really seem to do anything for me. Right now in the week I've used it (the Autoset unit) it seems like I'm waking up every 2 hours, it's almost like clockwork.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Not Sure if Setting Changes Helping - Help Appreciated! WiscoKate 6 148 03-25-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: WiscoKate
  CPAP not helping with sleep. Cheyne-Stokes or PB? BigBobulous 3 177 03-11-2024, 06:42 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Complex Sleep Apnea? Suggestions? Unkikonki 55 2,922 03-08-2024, 08:35 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Suggestions for correcting class 6 flow type on Oscar Gugliano 5 247 03-03-2024, 09:03 AM
  [CPAP] Help - Initial Titration Suggestions gli890 2 304 02-17-2024, 01:04 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Dreamstation 2 feels like it isn't treating my apnea (any suggestions)? Sunday3 4 287 02-05-2024, 10:01 AM
  Decent - but we all deserve better than that! Suggestions please. CPAPveteran 9 586 12-28-2023, 08:20 PM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.