Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Not 100% sure yet, but I don't think CPAP is helping me, need suggestions
RE: Not 100% sure yet, but I don't think CPAP is helping me, need suggestions
That looks like a very rocky time during the last hour. The CAs might just reflect a lot of arousals.

Could you zoom in from 7:20 to 7:30 and post when you have a chance?

There's something you might want to start thinking about: cognitive behavioral therapy for insomnia. Some people find it effective for fragmented sleep. Here's an introduction to it from a trusted web site:

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-cond...t-20046677
Post Reply Post Reply
Zoom on which graph/s?
Post Reply Post Reply
The zoom function will zoom in on all the graphs, so once you've zoomed in on that time period, you can just take a screen shot that includes all the same graphs you've been posting. That said, it's the flow rate I'm especially interested in seeing, but the other graphs (e.g., leaks, snores, FL) will help to provide context.
Post Reply Post Reply
How did you treat your plm?
Post Reply Post Reply
Here's my latest screenshot I think the left side is the night before and the two on the right are todays / this previous nights. Upon Googling a ton what comes up is UARS, based on what you see here does it seem like it?

I read people w/ UARS sometimes don't snore (I don't snore)

I saw this post http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...y-syndrome 

and there was another one that said something about UARS not having EPR on is better. How do I know if I have UARS? Any suggestions based on this chart or the previous. If it looks like I slept longer on the left side that's because I took a sleeping pill (Benadryl) which usually knocks me out so I sleep a little longer. Both times I've woke up today my tongue feets tight like being tongue tied and my head and body are kinda stiff.

I have it set to 7 with an EPR of 2 right now. I think the lowest the machine goes is 6 and the post mentions something about 5 working for them.

Also bought one of those Wellue SleepU Pulse Ox devices will be sharing that data when I get the device and start using it. Any suggestions on what I can do here is much appreciated.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Also here's the bottom graphs in case they are useful. the second screenshot is just to show the graph at the very bottom

looks like the tidal flow was scrunched so here you go. Lemme know if I need to zoom more or whatnot

Post Reply Post Reply
Here's a zoom in on the last night too. I know someone requested it just figured out how to zoom (you select a period in the first top graph and it zooms right?) 

anyways heres the zoom. Sorry for all the graphs just figured out how to do all this will all be in one post next time

Post Reply Post Reply
Just maybe, you are misdiagnosed and actually have complex or central apnea which your CPAP cannot treat...ASV is your solution. I'm kind of late to this thread. Have you discussed ASV, or am I beating a dead horse? There is no doubt in my mind you have complex or central apnea, and your therapy is not likely to progress until you work with your doctor to get appropriate ASV therapy. I have not reviewed the thread, but it would help to see your sleep study results. If you did not have a titration study (I assume not), then the next task is to arrange a titration that includes bilevel and ASV as options to find effective treatment. The complication is that your CA events are highly clustered, so it is easy to find an hour or two where CPAP looks good, only to have it blown up by the consistently inconsistent central apnea.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeprider, ResidentSleeper has a lot of difficulty staying asleep, and it's not clear whether he's actually asleep during the CA clusters. Also, he was given medication for RLS, stopped it, and is maybe starting it again.

ResidentSleeper, you live in the U.S., so you have a legal right to have copies of your sleep studies if you don't already have them. Sleeprider is raising an interesting question about the kind of apnea you have, and therefore the kind of machine you should be using. It would be incredibly helpful if you could scan and post the sleep studies. Be sure to blank out your personal info.

Is that something you could do?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Not Sure if Setting Changes Helping - Help Appreciated! WiscoKate 6 153 03-25-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: WiscoKate
  CPAP not helping with sleep. Cheyne-Stokes or PB? BigBobulous 3 181 03-11-2024, 06:42 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Complex Sleep Apnea? Suggestions? Unkikonki 55 2,928 03-08-2024, 08:35 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Suggestions for correcting class 6 flow type on Oscar Gugliano 5 252 03-03-2024, 09:03 AM
  [CPAP] Help - Initial Titration Suggestions gli890 2 305 02-17-2024, 01:04 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Dreamstation 2 feels like it isn't treating my apnea (any suggestions)? Sunday3 4 287 02-05-2024, 10:01 AM
  Decent - but we all deserve better than that! Suggestions please. CPAPveteran 9 586 12-28-2023, 08:20 PM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.