Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Not able to use Oscar [Solved see post #9]
Not able to use Oscar [Solved see post #9]
Hello

I have used Oscar about a week.  Opened app yesterday and tryed to add a Contec CMS50F, but was unable to connect. The App closed.  On opening the Oscar app again, the only thing I am able to access is the New Profile key.  Not able to access daily grafts, overview, oximetry, or statistics.   Tryed opening the App several times holding the Shift Key.  Also deleted the program and data and re-installed.  Tryed to open Oscar again holding shift key ,but not successful.  I would like to use Oscar but hitting a brick wall now.  I am older and do not use computers much. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks for your help,

Charles
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Not able to use Oscar
Two things; First, what operating system are you using? If your CMS-50 is new, you can not use the direct oximeter importer in OSCAR. The newer CMS-50 models have a newer firmware version and require importing the ".SpO2" file from the Smart Device Assistant app. This app is a Windows only program.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello,

I am using Windows 11  V.22H2  OS Build 22621.1555
Samsung laptop

Thanks for your help,

Charles
Post Reply Post Reply
charles5758,

Which version of the CMS50F do you have, old or new? If your unsure check the wiki page here: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...50F_models
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
"On opening the Oscar app again, the only thing I am able to access is the New Profile key"
It's logical : you have to create at least one profile and import datas in it.
From France. English spoken. Equipped since end of 2009. ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset since November 2023.
Linux user since 2009 --> current main distribution : Xubuntu 22.04 (laptop)
LUG (named ALDIL) Member since 2015. certifications : ITIL© and ISTQB©

Post Reply Post Reply
Jeff 8356

I have the new model of CMS50F.  I have not had time to work on this with being busy with grandkids, but I think I can do this this weekend with your help and Red's.

This forum and Oscar has really helped me to have a better and more comfortable nights sleep.  

Thank you for your time and effort in this forum   It means a lot to me.

Again thanks

Charles 5758
Post Reply Post Reply
Red

I have the newer version of CMS50F   I am going to find time this weekend to work on this. I pretty much understand this now. I want to thank you, Jeff8356 and all the volunteers for all you do for this platform.  This forum and Oscar has really helped with my overall health.

Thank you for all you do,

Charles5758
Post Reply Post Reply
Charles,

The newer CMS50F versions cannot be imported into OSCAR using the cable. You will need to use their "Smart Device Assistant" software to get the data from the oximeter first. Then import that file into OSCAR. A link to the software is in this wiki page: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...t_software

As to why you cannot open OSCAR, that still needs to be addressed. Have you been able to get the app running at all?
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Jeff8356

I have read a lot of posts about treatment and software the last several days trying to find the best setting for me on my Cpap.  I happened to remember one individual had a similar problem.  I found the post and the following replies again.  Went from File > Preferences > General > and changed Software engine to Desktop OpenGL.  This worked.  Also I imported SO2 files in the Contec app to a thumb drive then to the correct date  just in the last hour.  Easier than I thought.  

Again thanks for your help.  You'all are great,

Charles 5758
Post Reply Post Reply
That's great news! Thanks for the update. I will mark this thread as "Solved".
Jeff8356

How to Links:
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cannot select profile in OSCAR [solved, see post #9] GB San Jose 9 1,550 10-09-2023, 08:24 AM
Last Post: GB San Jose
Question Oscar installation problem [solved, see post #4] Bertrand 3 780 09-19-2023, 12:11 AM
Last Post: Bertrand
  Oscar V 1.5 [screen resolution issues - solved, see post #4] Dannobre 15 1,660 09-10-2023, 06:15 AM
Last Post: pholynyk
  OSCAR - will not open [solved - see post #2] gjstein 4 1,528 08-31-2023, 03:02 AM
Last Post: John7
  OSCAR 1.4.0 not loading [solved, see post #2] clayesq 1 604 08-24-2023, 11:30 AM
Last Post: clayesq
  Oscar Not Loading My Profile [solved, see post #10] mawaw1992 10 1,288 08-22-2023, 06:26 PM
Last Post: SideSleeper
  Oscar will not show Overview after SD card Replacement [Solved, see post #4] DaKitty 4 784 05-04-2023, 03:37 PM
Last Post: Jeff8356

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.