Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR 1.4.0 - no response [solved- see post #23]
Question 
OSCAR 1.4.0 - no response [solved- see post #23]
I installed OSCAR 1.4.0 on Macbook Air with macOS Ventura 13.2.
Importing the data from SD doesn't show any error but I can't see any report.
OSCAR has full access to the disk.
Any orientation?
Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR 1.4.0 - no response
Presumably you have a profile already setup for your machine...

Was the SD card in your machine and unlocked while you were using your xPAP?

If you insert the SD card into your reader on your Mac, can you see the current data on the SD card?
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Another point... OSCAR doesn't autostart when you insert an SD card into your computer. You must have OSCAR running and then click the Import button - after you have created a user profile.

I know that falls under the "Is the computer plugged in?" category, but still...
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-05-2023, 01:32 PM)Jeff8356 Wrote: Presumably you have a profile already setup for your machine...

Was the SD card in your machine and unlocked while you were using your xPAP?

If you insert the SD card into your reader on your Mac, can you see the current data on the SD card?

Yes, my profile is previously setup for my machine Resmed Autoset 10.
Yes, my SD card is always in my machine and unlocked. I used it many times with previous versions of OSCAR with no problem.
Yes, I can se data in the SD card in my computer.

***  Moderator Note: Corrupted image removed  ***

Images can not be hosted from a personal computer.
Please upload apnea related images (only) to the Apnea Board server or use an image hosting service for all others.  
Please read this link for further information:  "How to: Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board" .
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-05-2023, 02:11 PM)pholynyk Wrote: Another point... OSCAR doesn't autostart when you insert an SD card into your computer. You must have OSCAR running and then click the Import button - after you have created a user profile.

I know that falls under the "Is the computer plugged in?" category, but still...

I know that as an old user of OSCAR. I first start OSCAR, then I insert the SD in the computer and after that I click Import.
Theres is no error but OSCAR does not produce any report.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
It looks like your CPAP machine is set to 2021 instead of 2023..

If you've been using OSCAR for a while, you undoubtedly have imported data newer than than, so OSCAR is ignoring your 'old data'.

If your AS10 is many years old, the calendar battery may have expires. Try setting the date correctly and see if it can maintain it if you unplug the machine.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
neycastro,

In your first post you mentioned you just installed OSCAR on your MBA. Did you happen to copy your old data from a different computer to this new computer? Usually in ~/Documents/OSCAR_Data

Something else to look at is the new security feature in Ventura. Please see this post: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid460066
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-06-2023, 04:46 PM)Jeff8356 Wrote: neycastro,

In your first post you mentioned you just installed OSCAR on your MBA.  Did you happen to copy your old data from a different computer to this new computer? Usually in ~/Documents/OSCAR_Data

Something else to look at is the new security feature in Ventura.  Please see this post: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid460066

No, it's the same MBA. I just installed the latest version of OSCAR. Will have a look at the URL you indicate.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-06-2023, 03:56 PM)pholynyk Wrote: It looks like your CPAP machine is set to 2021 instead of 2023..

If you've been using OSCAR for a while, you undoubtedly have imported data newer than than, so OSCAR is ignoring your 'old data'.

If your AS10 is many years old, the calendar battery may have expires. Try setting the date correctly and see if it can maintain it if you unplug the machine.

The year 2021 you mention is the creation date of the binder DATALOG and not the date of the files recorded in it everyday. I attach a print screen showing a small part of the files recorded everyday with the correct calendar dates of 2023. The binder in the SD has all files since 2021 when I started using the S10.
Undoubtedly I did not import data newer than the S10 board clock date as the clock is correct as confirmed by my the files names attached, which have the date obtained from the S10 clock. The battery is not expired as you can see by the file names as I mentioned. The S10 is only 2 yo. I switch on everyday around 11PM and switch off around 7AM. The clock keeps the current time stamp, what shows that the battery is alive and not dead. A board battery dead after just 2 years would be shameful for Resmed as it would mean they are using very low quality batteries. Any PC board battery lasts for at least 5 years.
All the security items mentioned by the URL you suggested (http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid460066) are as required.
Any other suggestions? I thank you in advance for your support.
Regards.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Your last post created a question for me.  When you say that you switch it on everyday around 11PM and switch off around 7AM.  Are you referring to the CPAP's On/Off button, or are you disconnecting all power to it?   Also, when you are turning the CPAP off, are you holding the button down for over 5 seconds?

The reason for my last question is because this will place the A10 in a low power state that shuts down the SD card.  Some of the files are written upon blower startup while others are written after the blower is turned off.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cannot select profile in OSCAR [solved, see post #9] GB San Jose 9 1,552 10-09-2023, 08:24 AM
Last Post: GB San Jose
Question Oscar installation problem [solved, see post #4] Bertrand 3 780 09-19-2023, 12:11 AM
Last Post: Bertrand
  Oscar V 1.5 [screen resolution issues - solved, see post #4] Dannobre 15 1,660 09-10-2023, 06:15 AM
Last Post: pholynyk
  OSCAR - will not open [solved - see post #2] gjstein 4 1,530 08-31-2023, 03:02 AM
Last Post: John7
  OSCAR 1.4.0 not loading [solved, see post #2] clayesq 1 604 08-24-2023, 11:30 AM
Last Post: clayesq
  Oscar Not Loading My Profile [solved, see post #10] mawaw1992 10 1,288 08-22-2023, 06:26 PM
Last Post: SideSleeper
  Oscar will not show Overview after SD card Replacement [Solved, see post #4] DaKitty 4 784 05-04-2023, 03:37 PM
Last Post: Jeff8356

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.