Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR 1.4.0 - no response [solved- see post #23]
RE: OSCAR 1.4.0 - no response
(02-07-2023, 09:07 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Your last post created a question for me.  When you say that you switch it on everyday around 11PM and switch off around 7AM.  Are you referring to the CPAP's On/Off button, or are you disconnecting all power to it?   Also, when you are turning the CPAP off, are you holding the button down for over 5 seconds?

The reason for my last question is because this will place the A10 in a low power state that shuts down the SD card.  Some of the files are written upon blower startup while others are written after the blower is turned off.

- Red

I refer to the on/off button first and after some seconds I disconnect from power.
Yes, I hold the on/off button until the LED is off.
Post Reply Post Reply
You may be disconnecting the power before the A10 has completely written the detailed sleep files. I would advise you to use a quick press for both On and Off, as well as, leaving the power connected for a minimum of 15 minutes after use. Sometimes, it can take several minutes to complete the file writing. Leaving the power connected should be more than enough time for this procedure to complete.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-07-2023, 09:44 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: You may be disconnecting the power before the A10 has completely written the detailed sleep files.  I would advise you to use a quick press for both On and Off, as well as, leaving the power connected for a minimum of 15 minutes after use.  Sometimes, it can take several minutes to complete the file writing.  Leaving the power connected should be more than enough time for this procedure to complete.

- Red

Well, I use the same procedure for at least 2 years and this situation never happened before, but started happening after installation of OSCAR 1.4.0.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK! If you would like a "sanity" check of OSCAR, you can send me your complete SD card's contents in a zip format, and I will try it on my OSCAR.

If you wish to take up my offer, please zip the entire contents of your SD card and send it to:
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/tluumtei8...miefk3yyuj

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-07-2023, 11:55 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: OK!  If you would like a "sanity" check of OSCAR, you can send me your complete SD card's contents in a zip format, and I will try it on my OSCAR.

If you wish to take up my offer, please zip the entire contents of your SD card and send it to:
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/tluumtei8...miefk3yyuj

- Red

OK, here it goes - https://www.dropbox.com/s/xts037vkpgeh1x...d.zip?dl=0
Post Reply Post Reply
OK!  I download the card and extracted your data.  Everything is there up to Monday, February 6, 2023.  If you started having problems after you upgraded to OSCAR 1.4.0, maybe you had a corrupted install image, or Mr. Apple decided to add a security rule to the data import.

Here are the checksum values for the 1.4.0 Mac .dmg file:
MD5 Checksum: 9EE71718E84455CFCF59785153D14450
SHA-1 Checksum: 8E56D9A32224539C8EE57BB5CF42D570BD37E869
SHA-256 Checksum: EDEE3693BCF0804F1DDB912031DC7A2940C48ABC01909A6D5A1BEEF94F329EA1

If you wish to see any screenshots, let me know what you would like to see.

- Red

Edit: The data on the card ranges from August 27, 2021, to February 6, 2023.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
I can confirm Red's findings on my Mac (although I don't use Ventura).  Everything imported just fine.

Double check your security settings and verify that OSCAR is allowed to access removable drives.

You may want to delete your current OSCAR setup and try installing again.  To make a clean start from scratch there are a couple of hidden files in your ~/Library folder that can be deleted first. Open Terminal and use the following command:

Code:
find ~/Library -iname "*oscar-team*" -print -exec rm -rf {} \;
will find and delete them.

Or use Finder and delete them:
Quote:/Users/<YourUserName>/Library/Saved Application State/org.oscar-team.OSCAR.savedState
/Users/<YourUserName>/Library/Preferences/org.oscar-team.OSCAR.plist
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-07-2023, 06:14 PM)Jeff8356 Wrote: I can confirm Red's findings on my Mac (although I don't use Ventura).  Everything imported just fine.

Double check your security settings and verify that OSCAR is allowed to access removable drives.

You may want to delete your current OSCAR setup and try installing again.  To make a clean start from scratch there are a couple of hidden files in your ~/Library folder that can be deleted first. Open Terminal and use the following command:

Code:
find ~/Library -iname "*oscar-team*" -print -exec rm -rf {} \;
will find and delete them.

Or use Finder and delete them:
Post Reply Post Reply
OK, I cleaned all OSCAR files and folders using CLEANMYMACX. The files you mentioned appear there and were all erased.
In macOS Ventura, I do not see any option about accessing external removable devices.
Please check screen images attached:
Privacy and Security = Privacidade e Segurança
Files and Folders = Arquivos e Pastas
Full Disk Access = Acesso Total ao Disco
There are 3 attachments and these 2 images in the text.
I reinstalled OSCAR 1.4.0 and you can see the files created down here. No error msgs received but still cannot import data from SD.
Would you by chance know anyone running Ventura with OSCAR 1.4.0

*** Moderator Note: Corrupted image removed. ***

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-07-2023, 09:26 PM)neycastro Wrote: OK, I cleaned all OSCAR files and folders using CLEANMYMACX. The files you mentioned appear there and were all erased.
In macOS Ventura, I do not see any option about accessing external removable devices.
Please check screen images attached:
Privacy and Security = Privacidade e Segurança
Files and Folders = Arquivos e Pastas
Full Disk Access = Acesso Total ao Disco
There are 3 attachments and these 2 images in the text.
I reinstalled OSCAR 1.4.0 and you can see the files created down here. No error msgs received but still cannot import data from SD.
Would you by chance know anyone running Ventura with OSCAR 1.4.0

Two more attachments

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cannot select profile in OSCAR [solved, see post #9] GB San Jose 9 1,581 10-09-2023, 08:24 AM
Last Post: GB San Jose
Question Oscar installation problem [solved, see post #4] Bertrand 3 791 09-19-2023, 12:11 AM
Last Post: Bertrand
  Oscar V 1.5 [screen resolution issues - solved, see post #4] Dannobre 15 1,684 09-10-2023, 06:15 AM
Last Post: pholynyk
  OSCAR - will not open [solved - see post #2] gjstein 4 1,551 08-31-2023, 03:02 AM
Last Post: John7
  OSCAR 1.4.0 not loading [solved, see post #2] clayesq 1 615 08-24-2023, 11:30 AM
Last Post: clayesq
  Oscar Not Loading My Profile [solved, see post #10] mawaw1992 10 1,299 08-22-2023, 06:26 PM
Last Post: SideSleeper
  Oscar will not show Overview after SD card Replacement [Solved, see post #4] DaKitty 4 791 05-04-2023, 03:37 PM
Last Post: Jeff8356

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.