Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR Backup & Restore
OSCAR Backup & Restore
I am on a MacBook Pro. I see the "OSCAR" folder in my "Documents" folder and it is full of subfolders and files. The Documents folder is stored in Apple's iCloud.

Is there any way to restore OSCAR to a point in time if my machine crashed or the files got corrupted?
How do you do a restore after such a disaster?
Is backing up the "Documents/OSCAR" folder sufficient for a backup in case of a big machine crash?

Thanks.

STT
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR Backup & Restore
Look at File ⇾ Preferences ⇾ Import ⇾ Session Storage Options.  Make sure that the option, Create SD Card Backups during Import is selected. Your OSCAR Data folder will contain the OSCAR data files as well as the backup of the raw data from your SD card.  Now, if for any reason that your system crashes, just restore the OSCAR Data folder and you're good to go.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR data backup strategy matt2 2 98 03-18-2024, 10:32 AM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  How do you restore the journal? clan 0 403 09-30-2023, 02:06 AM
Last Post: clan
  Automatic Wi-Fi SD Card backup? YouTakeMyBreathAway 1 620 01-08-2023, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  SD Cards - backup [SOLVED] Post 11 ApneaticBill 39 2,435 12-07-2022, 10:05 PM
Last Post: ApneaticBill
  How to Backup Oscar for Fresh OS Install mcman56 1 567 09-28-2022, 08:49 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Restore Backup CPAP data ken.r 0 512 09-07-2022, 11:33 PM
Last Post: ken.r
  Backup files ela1301 1 647 04-06-2022, 06:27 PM
Last Post: kappa

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.