Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oscar password reset
Oscar password reset
:.How do I reset my Oscar password
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oscar password reset
Gogirl,

If you can still get into OSCAR with the old password then go to the Profile page and highlight the profile.  Then in the right pane click "Edit Profile".  The window that opens should have the "Password Protect File" checkbox and the password fields.  Change it from there.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
In your OSCAR data directory, under your profile name, you will find it in the Profile.xml file.

Within the Profile.xml you should see a line,   <Password type="QString">Your_Password</Password>

Do not delete the line. You just delete the password.  After editing it, your line should now state,  
<Password type="QString"></Password>.  After editing this file, be sure and save it before starting OSCAR.

Question; Why are you using a password?

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

When I open my Oscar folder i don't have a profile folder.  This is what I have...
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi tjordan1997! - Welcome

OSCAR's profile folders are in it OSCAR_Data folder and not in the executable folder. By default, this directory usually resides in your Documents folder.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, I followed the instructions to change the password on my Oscar profile but it still tells me that my password is incorrect.  I have saved the file after modifying the password and closed and restarted Oscar.  When I go back into the Oscar data and look at the password, it reflects the new password.   I also powercycled my chromebook.  Any help on what I am doing incorrectly or next steps?
Post Reply Post Reply
Don't edit the file while OSCAR is running and don't set the password to something else. Completely remove the password (but not the password line.

Ensure it is exactly this:

<Password type="QString"></Password>

Then if you must, you can set the password again.

But........, please don't.
Post Reply Post Reply
Worked perfectly!  Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 94 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  OSCAR Password MaskedOne 2 297 01-16-2024, 10:52 PM
Last Post: MaskedOne
  Reset OSCAR password Sleepbreather 2 1,180 11-01-2021, 09:47 AM
Last Post: Sleepbreather
  oscar forgot password, how to reset kbingel 3 1,429 09-29-2021, 07:14 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Inexplicable reset with oscar- need help goodn 5 695 08-04-2021, 03:25 PM
Last Post: goodn
Smile User name and password for ResScan? Please iostfeld 7 8,489 05-24-2021, 04:22 PM
Last Post: jaswilliams
  EncorePro 2 password locked [unlock utility in post #3] KSMike 33 13,668 03-15-2021, 06:30 AM
Last Post: Faruvaa

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.