Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR Data Dump - Mild Sleep Apnea - How does this look?
OSCAR Data Dump - Mild Sleep Apnea - How does this look?
So it's been roughly a week since I started using a CPAP and my AHI since day 1 have all stayed under 1.0. Has anyone had a similar experience?

Here are my initial sleep study results from VIRTUOX:

Oximetry

Oxygen Desaturation Index: 11.1
Lowest Desaturation 89
Oxygen Saturation < 90%: 0.4 min

Heart Rate

Min/Max 48/104

Respiratory Events

Total AHI: 8.4
Apneas: 5
Obstructive Apneas: 2
Hypopneas 58
Central Apneas 3

Use this link http://magaimg.net/img/7zcu.jpg due to the large file size.

Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR Data Dump - Mild Sleep Apnea - How does this look?
I'm not sure how to reconcile ahi of <1.0 with reported total ahi of 8.4. are you saying it's been under 1 since you started but it suddenly rose to 8.4? or maybe you meant 0.84?
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh the first part in text is my initial sleep study results! The images from OSCAR are after treatment. Smile

Hope this helps...
Post Reply Post Reply
sorry, missed that. 8.4 untreated, mild apnea. <1 treated. if you're feeling well / better than before cpap, you should be pleased with the results. as for others', I suspect your relatively mild untreated apnea has a bearing on your really good results and people that start out with severe apnea >30 ahi might take a little longer to get results like yours. I presume your pressure is also relatively low.

edit: oops, sorry again. missed the oscar images at first too!
Post Reply Post Reply
Numbers look great I would raise the minimum pressure from 4 to 6 as you may feel like your suffocating after some time using the machine at a start pressure of 4 and that will level out your pressure line a bit.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-16-2019, 03:37 PM)jaswilliams Wrote: Numbers look great I would raise the minimum pressure from 4 to 6 as you may feel like your suffocating after some time using the machine at a start pressure of 4 and that will level out your pressure line a bit.

I started using my nasal pillows more because it felt like with full face mask sucking air through nose felt very obstructed... its weird. A 4 with nasal pillows is tolerable while a 4 with face mask i feel like im struggling.
Post Reply Post Reply
in case you aren't aware, there's a setting in your machine for mask type. ffm, nasal and pillow iirc. the wrong setting might affect the delivered pressure. and leak calculations I suppose.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-16-2019, 04:01 PM)Diotima245 Wrote:
(05-16-2019, 03:37 PM)jaswilliams Wrote: Numbers look great I would raise the minimum pressure from 4 to 6 as you may feel like your suffocating after some time using the machine at a start pressure of 4 and that will level out your pressure line a bit.

I started using my nasal pillows more because it felt like with full face mask sucking air through nose felt very obstructed... its weird. A 4 with nasal pillows is tolerable while a 4 with face mask i feel like im struggling.

Just raise the minimum pressure and the strange feeling of having to suck air will go away it’s a common complaint at a pressure of 4
Post Reply Post Reply
Did almost 9 hours on nasal pillows last night... woke up sleep drunk.

link: http://magaimg.net/img/7zjz.jpg
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I need sleep badly! Any help with OSCAR is appreciated Quitethe1 75 1,695 1 minute ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  oscar data sleeper2460 0 49 7 hours ago
Last Post: sleeper2460
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 237 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 107 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong
  Current OSCAR Data Tylermdugan 0 65 03-26-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Tylermdugan
  Need help with OSCAR data Abhi 5 404 03-26-2024, 05:31 AM
Last Post: BigWing
  Collars for positional sleep apnea Jimasripper 17 351 03-25-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.