Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR HELP- New Problems
OSCAR HELP- New Problems
I've started having problems with my SD card... Or something.. I'm not a computer guru.

Please let me know how I can address these problems.. One thread at a time or is the following OK?

I have a ResMed AirCurve 10-VAUTO  I started in mid August and found Oscar.. downloaded it to my iMac.  Up until recently it all worked fine.. but problems are occurring.
I have been using OSCAR, very successfully, on my iMAC desktop.. all latest updates.. and the latest update MAY?? be a problem??

Problem 1: When I insert the card into the slot on the MAC it is reading it intermittently.. IOW, sometimes it will show on the desktop.. other times not.  I have cleaned the contacts. rebooted the computer.. nothing seems to correct it.

I installed OSCAR on my laptop PC and it sees the SD card fine.. so, possible dirty contacts on the MAC?  I don't know.

Now the serious problem(s)

Problem 2: My sleep report last night did not load on the SD card.. Maybe too much tryptophan from the Thanksgiving Turkey.. but seriously.. when I shut the machine off this morning something popped up rather than the normal AHI and smiley faces.  I'm sure I had the SD card unlocked.

Problem 3:  I seem to have lost all my data on the SD card.  I don't know.  When I tried to look at my card yesterday. I only saw data from Nov 17 to Nov 23.  I've been successfully reading my data since mid August and it's all been there.. now POOF.  I haven't tried to look at data for over a week.. so, no idea what happened.

Problem 3A:  I set up OSCAR on my PC laptop.. I may have made an error.. is it correctable?  The Welcome page is showing that "The last time you used your machine was -364 days ago on November 23, 2023... NOT 2022)  Can I correct this or do I delete OSCAR and try to re-install?

Note on lost data.. I know little about Windows machines.. I have Win 11 64bit.  I don't know where to look for old data files.  On the Mac I was recently able to open DATA files.. although I don't understand any of it.. many different files that went back to the time I started in August.  I see on the PC that there is a way to rebuild CPAP data.. I'm afraid to do anything unless I can get some expert help here.

I know this is a lot.. Hopefully someone can help decipher all of this and provide some help.. even if over multiple people

Thanks for any help, Bill
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR HELP- New Problems
SD cards can and do go bad in a heartbeat.  Things like static electricity as low as 50 volts can fry one.  A person doesn't start feeling static electricity until about 5000 volts.  For this reason, I recommend a frequent backup of the card to a dedicated directory on your PC.  That way, if something goes wrong, you haven't lost all your data.  You can have OSCAR use this backup directory to get its import data too.  Using the PC's backup in this fashion allows you to backup your card anytime without having to start OSCAR.  

Locking the SD card only pertains to the S9 series CPAPs. It is not required for the A10 series. In fact, it's better not to lock it because many people forget to unlock it latter.

As far as the 2023 date, check the AC10's date.  All your data from the missing nights are probably a year off and is why you can't find them.  If you set the date to 2023, you will need to format your SD card and say goodbye to all the data collected on the wrong date.  

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you... I guess I'll wait until Monday and try to visit my DME.. I don't know when things changed to 2023..
But Something is weird with my Mac not or intermittently reading the SC card.. Not sure where to find all the data on the PC that I saw on the MAC.
Post Reply Post Reply
Bill,

What version of macOS are you running on your iMac? Monterey, Ventura???
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Bill - PC stands for "Personal Computer", and is a generic term. A Mac is a PC.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [split] OSCAR v1.5.2 is Install Problems millerdq 1 44 Yesterday, 03:29 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  Problems displaying graphs on Daily page SueB 4 564 11-14-2023, 08:05 PM
Last Post: SueB
  OSCAR Problems on Mac Sonoma 14.0 kenhh 6 1,060 11-05-2023, 01:40 AM
Last Post: WW4B
  Need help with OSCAR--several problems and can't use it SideSleeper 14 1,156 01-11-2023, 06:43 PM
Last Post: SideSleeper
  RamboAB - Wellue Import Problems RamboAB 29 1,861 06-12-2022, 12:19 PM
Last Post: RamboAB
  Problems installing Encore Pro Chalkie 20 2,851 02-28-2022, 06:06 PM
Last Post: jpearson0525
  Problems with Easy Compliance Software rhoyt 6 1,828 01-06-2022, 09:07 AM
Last Post: mdfmenar

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.