Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR Help
OSCAR Help
Hello to you all

Newbie here

I am using the F&P SleepStyle machine and the OSCAR (1.14.0) software which is brilliant to help understand ones sleeping issues, Thank you to all and everyone who kindly spent their time on producing such great free software. However, I have been at a loss to find out why OSCAR does not show/flag my "CA" even though I ticked the "Clear Airway (CA)" in the Preferences/Events. A kind soul on another forum made note that OSCAR possibly cannot read F&P's "Central Apneas (CA)" as OSCAR only has "Clear Airway (CA)" which makes perfect sense. So I was wondering if anyone on this form would know someone that does the coding for OSCAR and add the F&P SleepStyle "Central Apneas (CA)" into the Preferences/Events so us F&P SleepStyle users can have this very helpful "CA" info in OSCAR.

I appreciate any help and thoughts in this matter.

Cheers
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR Help
Welcome to the board.  As I understand it CLEAR AIRWAY  and CENTRAL APNEA are the same just a different term is used.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Is it possible that you did not experience any CA's during your sleep?

Be sure to check the Even Flags drop down box on the left under your graphs that all the flags are checked or selected.

Post a graph of your data so that we can see what's going on. There are links in my signature line to guide you.

Also, as stated by staceyburke, Clear Airway and Central Apnea are the same thing.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank You for your reply(s).

Here is my OSCAR data as requested.    

Re "CLEAR AIRWAY  and CENTRAL APNEA are the same just a different term is used". Regarding this copy of my F&P InfoSmart data report which I can only request from the place I got this CPAP machine, it does show I do have CA's which sadly does not show in OSCAR. As mentioned maybe OSCAR cannot read the F&P SleepStyle named "CENTRAL APNEAS". Hence my post on seeing if it can be added into the OSCAR coding.

Post Reply Post Reply
It seems that at some point F&P would combine the Obstructive and Central and just call them Apnea (A) which looks like what was used here in OSCAR. Looks like F&P changed something since your Dr printout now shows two distinct O and C.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The oscar report shows positional apnea.  Positional Apnea is when you cut off your own airway by the position you sleep in.  No Cpap machine can help with this, you must find a way to stay out of that position.  We also call it chin tucking.   When your chin drops down to you sternum and cuts off your airway.

Think of it as a garden hose, when there is a kink in the hose no water can get through the hose until the kink is removed.

Not always but sleeping on your back may be a cause or having to high of pillows could force your head down as you fall asleep.  If it can't be fixed that way you may need use a collar.  I have a link in my signature to collars.  Please take a look at it.  The link will show you people without a collar and the SAME people with a collar - huge difference.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for you reply.

Re "The oscar report shows "positional apnea" Would that be under "Positional Waveforms? Cannot find "Positional Apnea" info in OSCAR.

Regarding your advice, I am going to try a SCC. Will let you know how I go.

Regards
Post Reply Post Reply
OSCAR doesn't "report" positional apnea. It is a read of your charts. The tell are the clusters of obstructive events. This is evident in both the OSCAR and F&P graphics.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ah.  Love the standardized language... (sigh)
Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.