Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR - Linux Mint 19 [see post #7 for solution]
RE: OSCAR - Linux Mint 19
OK - It looks like none of the post-install (actually post-unpack) things happened. As a side question, does the directory /opt/tempDir exist (and have OSCAR and afew other files) in it?
What status does 'dpkg -s oscar' return? Sudo isn't needed here, we're just looking at it...
If you get:
dpkg-query: package 'oscar' is not installed and no information is available
then (I think) things are cleaned up - you should be able to run Synaptic - just don't try to install oscar with synaptic!
The status will probably show some error status, which should give us a hint towards a solution.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-01-2019, 12:21 PM)pholynyk Wrote: OK - It looks like none of the post-install (actually post-unpack) things happened. As a side question, does the directory  /opt/tempDir exist (and have OSCAR and afew other files) in it?

I only have /opt/OSCAR there is no opt/temp directory

What status does 'dpkg -s oscar' return? Sudo isn't needed here, we're just looking at it...

I get the following:
Package: oscar
Priority: extra
Section: Other
Installed-Size: 9694
Maintainer: oscar@nightowlsoftwre.ca
Architecture: amd64
Version: 1.0.1-r1
Depends: libqt5core5a (>> 5.9.0), libqt5serialport5, libqt5xml5, libqt5network5, libqt5gui5, libqt5widgets5, libqt5opengl5, libqt5printsupport5, libglu1-mesa, libgl1
Description: Open Sourece CPAP Analysis Reporter
License: GPL-v3
Vendor: nightowlsoftware.ca
Homepage: https: // sleepfiles .com/OSCAR

I needed to add some spaces there since I am not allowed to post links

If you get:
dpkg-query: package 'oscar' is not installed and no information is available
then (I think) things are cleaned up  - you should be able to run Synaptic - just don't try to install oscar with synaptic!
The status will probably show some error status, which should give us a hint towards a solution.
I can run Synaptic again and OSCAR is running.

Actually I have a problem in creating the driver for my Pulox 400.

When I follow the instructions I am at the following point:

command:
sudo cp cp210x.ko to /lib/modules/4.15.0-48-generic/kernel/drivers/usb/serial

output:
cp: cannot stat 'to': No such file or directory

Actually the path /lib/modules/4.15.0-48-generic/kernel/drivers/usb/serial does exist. 
Post Reply Post Reply
A-h-h-h-h-h!  The old Oximeter driver.  .  .  Mac users experience the same problem.  You probably need to get the Silicon Labs UART to serial drivers.

Try this link:
https://www.silabs.com/products/developm...cp-drivers

You might see if a version is in the LM/Ubuntu repository as well.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Dear Crimson Nape

I have downloaded the drivers and started to create/install them according to the README (attached).

This should be a 4-step approach:
Ubuntu:
1. make ( your cp210x driver )
2. cp cp210x.ko to /lib/modules/<kernel-version>/kernel/drivers/usb/serial
3. insmod /lib/modules/<kernel-version/kernel/drivers/usb/serial/usbserial.ko
4. insmod cp210x.ko

I can do the first command, for whatever reasons the 2nd one is not working but I copied the fiel via the explorer.
The 3rd command gave me the following error:
insmod: ERROR: could not insert module /lib/modules/4.15.0-48-generic/kernel/drivers/usb/serial/usbserial.ko: File exists

I have checked and the file is present in the folder.

If I do the last command I also get an error:
insmod: ERROR: could not load module cp210x.ko: No such file or directory

I can feel the finish line... I still would appreciate some advice on how to get there :-)

Attached Files
.txt   CP210x_VCP_Linux_4.x_Release_Notes.txt (Size: 1.57 KB / Downloads: 2)
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR - Linux Mint 19 [see post #7 for solution]
Ahhh - in the line 

cp cp210x.ko to /lib/modules/<kernel-version>/kernel/drivers/usb/serial

take out the 'to'  -  cp just needs the source and the destination file and directory names
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, I think I already had the drivers installed. It is probably per default.

I can check it with modinfo usbserial and modinfo cp210x and they are present in my system.

Also when I check for connected USB devices with lsusb I see the Pulox 400:
Bus 001 Device 005: ID 10c4:ea60 Cygnal Integrated Products, Inc. CP210x UART Bridge / myAVR mySmartUSB light

Still OSCAR does not find my PULX 400 device....

Any idea  Huh
Post Reply Post Reply
Yay for getting OSCAR running!

Rumour has it that the Pulox oximeters are rebranded Contecs, and I think Contec has changed the protocol in new firmware versions.
I have a Torontec B400 which certainly looks like a Contec, and it has firmware version 6.1, which is a big jump from the 3.9 of my old Contec CMS50F. It also came with a new version of Windows software, so my suspicions are aroused. I haven't had a chance to test any of this new stuff yet. OSCAR development...
So, the question is "What firmware version shows up when you turn it on?
Oh, and which Contec is the Pulox 400 most like? The Contec CMS50D+ also has new firmware, and a microUSB connector (but still needs its special cable).
Post Reply Post Reply
OK, I have (partially) solved it.
If I run OSCAR as admin I can find my Pulox 400.

Have no idea why.. Thinking-about
Post Reply Post Reply
Dear pholynyk

When I turn on my Pulox 400 it dies not show a firmware version. Also I have never updated the firmware, I do not even know how to do it.

I have a special USB cable for it, I think it is linked to the serial connection. It has a mini USB connector.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ahh, OK with the Pulox plugged in and turned on, do 'ls -l /dev/ttyUSB0' - assuming it is ttyUSB0 which shows up when you plug in the pulox. That will tell you which group owns the serial port. Then you can add yourself to that group with 'sudo adduser yourUserName serialPortGroupName'
Then you should be able to run as yourself and import oximeter data - assuming the version is compatible, per my previous post
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is there a solution to read out the newer versions of the Contect CMS50F under Linux? Mast04 10 979 03-25-2024, 08:46 PM
Last Post: Pierelly
  OSCAR v1.5.2 - Linux Versions Crimson Nape 3 272 03-17-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  What version of Linux for my Chromebook? bluetangle127 1 460 10-26-2023, 10:54 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Cannot select profile in OSCAR [solved, see post #9] GB San Jose 9 1,554 10-09-2023, 08:24 AM
Last Post: GB San Jose
  F12/Take Screenshot Not Saving Screenshot under Linux? DigitalMan43 4 701 09-30-2023, 05:04 PM
Last Post: DigitalMan43
Question Oscar installation problem [solved, see post #4] Bertrand 3 783 09-19-2023, 12:11 AM
Last Post: Bertrand
  Oscar V 1.5 [screen resolution issues - solved, see post #4] Dannobre 15 1,662 09-10-2023, 06:15 AM
Last Post: pholynyk

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.