Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR 'Notes'
OSCAR 'Notes'
I am losing the notes I have written - not every day, just some, so obviously I'm doing something wrong and something right but don't know which or how:    

Please advise how  to make sure notes are saved...
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oscar 'Notes'
mine disappear sometimes too. not sure but it may be occurring when the computer sleeps before I shut oscar down. I assume shutting down saves the notes.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've created Issue #220 in our Mantis Issue Tracker. We will investigate further.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-28-2019, 11:17 AM)sheepless Wrote: mine disappear sometimes too. not sure but it may be occurring when the computer sleeps before I shut oscar down.  I assume shutting down saves the notes.

Aha, I do believe that happens sometimes:  computer 'sleeps' and OSCAR is open.  I will keep an eye on it. 

Thank you for the suggestion; I would never have thought of that
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-28-2019, 11:32 AM)pholynyk Wrote: I've created Issue #220 in our Mantis Issue Tracker. We will investigate further.

Thank you...
Post Reply Post Reply
Since I have made sure to shut down OSCAR before leaving the computer I have not lost any notes. Interesting; now I shall to try leaving OSCAR open to see if I lose a note...
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR 'Notes'
I know now why/how I lose Notes.

I have been dividing the night into sessions by stopping and starting the machine in order to try to identify the asleep/awake periods.  I open the details for one session only, say the first period when I know I am awake.  I make notes and get the AHI.  Then I close that session and open the next when I know I was  probably asleep.  If I then close this 2nd.  session and  go back to that first session then that first session's  notes have gone.  If I make notes with all sessions open (giving me an AHI for the whole night) then go back to a single session, I  lose those notes also.  

Is there any way round this prob please?
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-28-2019, 11:32 AM)pholynyk Wrote: I've created Issue #220 in our Mantis Issue Tracker. We will investigate further.

Is the issue tracker not public?
Caveats: I'm just a patient, with no medical training.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR 'Notes'
Our Mantis Issue Tracker is not public. We use that tool to manage what we work on.
Many of the reported issues are duplicate, we even enter duplicate issues. To add an issue to our Mantis Tracker means that it will be given very serious consideration and discussion and more often than not become a new feature or a fix in OSCAR.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The OSCAR 1.5.1 does not see the notes recorded in the earlier version. G. Szabo 2 206 02-26-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Identify nights by notes? BlueSky1958 6 986 06-11-2023, 12:01 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  journaling/notes per night? ImAlwaysTiredd 0 390 04-22-2023, 08:56 PM
Last Post: ImAlwaysTiredd
  [Feature Request] How to change kg to lbs in OSCAR Profile and Notes for one's Weight JoyD. 3 515 01-31-2023, 11:32 PM
Last Post: Jeff8356
  (Feature Request) Add notes to bottom of Statistics Page B1Sailor 0 559 10-14-2022, 10:57 AM
Last Post: B1Sailor
  Feature Request: User Notes dkovax 7 834 07-02-2022, 12:46 AM
Last Post: SevereApnea
  OSCAR Notes disappearing elliotg 7 882 03-25-2022, 06:01 PM
Last Post: elliotg

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.