Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR - Overview Report "Total Time in Apnea" Graph not Populating
OSCAR - Overview Report "Total Time in Apnea" Graph not Populating
Hi, I'm new here and am hoping someone can help me fix something with OSCAR.

Problem:  The Total Time in Apnea graph in the Overview Report does not populate.

Background:  I switched from SleepyHead v0.9.8-1 to OSCAR because I purchased my new Philips Respironics DreamStation Auto CPAP and SleepyHead would not import the data.  I was using OSCAR 1.1.0, but the Pressure graph in Overview Reports would not populate.  So, I found there was a newer version and updated to OSCAR 1.1.1.  The Pressure graph in Overview Reports now populates, but he Total Time in Apnea graph does not.  If I've done this correctly, I have attached a screenshot.

Things I've Tried to No Avail
  1. Rebuild CPAP Data
  2. I created a new profile and imported all of the data again
  3. "Reset Defaults" under "Waveforms"
  4. Rebooted computer
Computer:  MacBook Pro 15" with Retina Display running macOS Catalina Version 10.15.6 with  2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 and 16 GB of memory.

I sincerely appreciate any help in getting this resolved.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR - Overview Report "Total Time in Apnea" Graph not Populating
Hi Synestheat!  -  Welcome

Look at the dropdown box in the bottom right.  Make sure that  Total Time in Apnea has a check mark next to its listing.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-30-2020, 08:04 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Hi Synestheat!  -  Welcome

Look at the dropdown box in the bottom right.  Make sure that  Total Time in Apnea has a check mark next to its listing.

Yes, I forgot to add that to the list of things I've tried.  All of those graphs do have check marks next to them.  Thank you for responding.
Post Reply Post Reply
Synestheat what type of events do you have if they are Hypopnoeas then I don’t believe the Philips puts a time against them in older versions of Sleepyhead the duration was assumed to be 10 seconds in OSCAR we only attribute time to an event if your device attributes time. It was a design decision that OSCAR should only display actual data provided by the machine and not make up its own data the Total Time in Apnoea is a graph that has been affected by this decision.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-30-2020, 08:58 AM)jaswilliams Wrote: Synestheat what type of events do you have if they are Hypopnoeas then I don’t believe the Philips puts a time against them in older versions of Sleepyhead the duration was assumed to be 10 seconds in OSCAR we only attribute time to an event if your device attributes time. It was a design decision that OSCAR should only display actual data provided by the machine and not make up its own data the Total Time in Apnoea is a graph that has been affected by this decision.

Does this help?

Post Reply Post Reply
jaswilliams is right.

Philips machines don't report the duration of individual apnea/hypopnea events. Older versions of OSCAR (and SleepyHead before it) incorrectly assumed that one of the values reported with apneas and hypopneas was the duration. It isn't.

As a result, the TTIA graph will be empty for Philips machines. Ideally we'd remove it when there's no data available, but that turns out to be surprisingly tricky.

There's an outside possibility that Philips records additional data in its daily summaries, but OSCAR doesn't currently have a way to import those statistics apart from events.

Apologies for the apparent regression in functionality, but the previous functionality was entirely fictitious. You will likely find that your AHI stats correspond approximately with TTIA.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you all for the welcome and responses. I do very much appreciate it.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-30-2020, 03:54 PM)sawinglogz Wrote: jaswilliams is right.

Philips machines don't report the duration of individual apnea/hypopnea events. Older versions of OSCAR (and SleepyHead before it) incorrectly assumed that one of the values reported with apneas and hypopneas was the duration. It isn't.

As a result, the TTIA graph will be empty for Philips machines. Ideally we'd remove it when there's no data available, but that turns out to be surprisingly tricky.

There's an outside possibility that Philips records additional data in its daily summaries, but OSCAR doesn't currently have a way to import those statistics apart from events.

Apologies for the apparent regression in functionality, but the previous functionality was entirely fictitious. You will likely find that your AHI stats correspond approximately with TTIA.

I too have recently cut over from Sleepyhead to OSCAR, and I'm somewhat surprised to read that TTIA from a Philips box is "made-up".  Still, I think it it's still a useful relative figure for measuring the quality of treatment from night-to-night.   Couldn't we have a Preferences option to set a default duration if no duration is given?  That way the user has control and an understanding of where the TTIA figure comes from. (perhaps a little caveat warning flag pops up when default figures are used, or the measurement units get switched off on the graph)
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR Overview Line Graph Jan Flikweert 15 149 Today, 01:11 AM
Last Post: Jan Flikweert
  Display average AHI over time period ? Bernard Flapdoodle 1 82 04-09-2024, 03:30 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  OSCAR import of Viatom/Wellue data - DST time base SleeperAwake21 5 925 03-30-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: dfunk
  How and where to adjust local time. douglaskeene 3 240 03-30-2024, 01:27 PM
Last Post: douglaskeene
  Newbie Q on using OSCAR for first time Tman1966 1 130 03-28-2024, 05:30 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Oscar question - flow rate graph not showing kkjacks 7 267 03-23-2024, 11:12 AM
Last Post: kkjacks
  Time listed: Wrong end time? How to fix? Plmnb 5 255 03-08-2024, 08:57 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.