Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR Screenshot Save Fails under Crostini Linux
OSCAR Screenshot Save Fails under Crostini Linux
I have been using OSCAR on my antique MacBook Pro with no issues. I recently installed it on my Lenovo Flip 5 Cromebook with Crostini Linux. It all works fine on the Chromebook except that saving screenshots in OSCAR fails, saving only a black image (see attachment). A normal Chromebook screenshot does work (Ctrl + F5 (WindowSwitcher key)) as a work-around, but this seems to be a bug in OSCAR for Chromebooks,

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Pat Anderson
Happily retired in Birch Bay, WA
Blog: http://daydreamsloop.blogspot.com
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR Screenshot Save Fails under Crostini Linux
It is probably the graphics engine.  Go to File > Preferences > General > Graphics Engine.  Change from Desktop OpenGL to Software Engine.   Restart OSCAR and try a screenshot then.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-29-2021, 12:55 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: It is probably the graphics engine.  Go to File > Preferences > General > Graphics Engine.  Change from Desktop OpenGL to Software Engine.   Restart OSCAR and try a screenshot then.

Nope, changed the Software engine, restarted OSCAR and still got the black image on two attempts.

Pat Anderson
Post Reply Post Reply
Does Alt+PrntScrn work correctly?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-29-2021, 12:55 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: It is probably the graphics engine.  Go to File > Preferences > General > Graphics Engine.  Change from Desktop OpenGL to Software Engine.   Restart OSCAR and try a screenshot then.

Nope, made the change, restarted OSCAR - still just a black screenshot.

Pat Anderson
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-29-2021, 01:19 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Does Alt+PrntScrn work correctly?
There is no PrntScrn key on a Chromebook.
Pat Anderson
Post Reply Post Reply
CTRL+Show Windows
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-29-2021, 01:51 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: CTRL+Show Windows

As I said in the OP, the normal Chrome screenshot does work as a work-around. That is how I have been saving my OSCAR daily screenshot of the Details tab. But the OSCAR save dialog  that comes up after View | Take screenshot does not work. I thought that was worth pointing out. Whether the project team will deem it worth fixing is up to them of course.
Pat Anderson
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is there a solution to read out the newer versions of the Contect CMS50F under Linux? Mast04 10 809 03-25-2024, 08:46 PM
Last Post: Pierelly
  OSCAR v1.5.2 - Linux Versions Crimson Nape 3 129 03-17-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  PC connection Weinmann SOMNObalance fails HoogendoornJH 5 940 01-24-2024, 09:50 AM
Last Post: gblin
  Can anyone tell me from this screenshot what Oscar is using as my baseline SpO2 level mikep118 13 1,876 11-13-2023, 06:05 AM
Last Post: Muggzy
  What version of Linux for my Chromebook? bluetangle127 1 433 10-26-2023, 10:54 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  F12/Take Screenshot Not Saving Screenshot under Linux? DigitalMan43 4 668 09-30-2023, 05:04 PM
Last Post: DigitalMan43
  o2 insight pro on linux Jim Vader 10 1,391 08-16-2023, 07:00 AM
Last Post: data01

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.