Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR - Showing a First Use date of 1969
OSCAR - Showing a First Use date of 1969
Hi all and thanks for having me on your forum!

I have tried to search for this topic but it appears i may be the only one to have this kind of issue.......

So i have installed OSCAR and uploaded my CPAP data from the SD card and for some reason it has a First Use date of 31/12/1969

Not only was i not even near a twinkle in my daddies eye at this point as i was not born for another decade but the data on the card if i look at it via windows file manager clearly shows october 24th 2016 as the first date.

Whilst this problem does not overly cause me a problem as it does not appear to mess with the statistics, its just that i need to show someone my data and would prefer the report to have the correct dates.

I have only ever previously reviewed my data with sleepyhead and that was over a year ago when i was keen on getting my AHI down and needed to see how changes such as moving to sleeping in a hammock were working.........

Come to today and i have to show my data and with a new computer i did not have sleepyhead.  Downloaded this but it will not function, just sits there spinning and not importing from the SD card.........bit of F'ing and Blinding later i find OSCAR is the new Sleepyhead and it installed and worked straight away...........only to have a completely wrong first date of use that is only going to cause me problems with submitting a printed out report.

Can any of you fine sleep deprived people point me in the direction of fixing this?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR - Showing a First Use date of 1969
This occurs when there is some corruption in the imported data and the date field has a value of all zeros. (which is Dec 31, 1969/Jan 1, 1970 epoch time, depending on time zone)

To resolve: 
  • Go to Daily tab
  • Browse to date Dec 31, 1969
  • Menu / Data / Advanced / Purge Current Selected Day
Post Reply Post Reply
Dog Slobber

Thankyou as that has sorted my problem!

Thanks

Hopefully this will not have to be done each time i import my data.......only tomorrow will tell.

As an aside i managed to get Sleepyhead to play fair after uninstalling and reinstalling and it did not have the same issue and started on the correct date........

But anyway a huge thanks for the prompt and effective help!
Post Reply Post Reply
I have this issue too. everytime i import data will have to delete the date.
Post Reply Post Reply
Try going to Preferences->Import->Do not import sessions older than and select it(checkbox).  Set a date more current.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Great workaround for our issues thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
I had this issue with my first install of the first oscar release. it happened when I downloaded initial data from the sd card rather than choosing the data migration path. my understanding is that this problem was fixed in later versions.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-31-2020, 12:58 PM)sheepless Wrote: I had this issue with my first install of the first oscar release. it happened when I downloaded initial data from the sd card rather than choosing the data migration path. my understanding is that this problem was fixed in later versions.

Yes, this is fixed in the next version.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-01-2020, 09:10 PM)GuyScharf Wrote:
(01-31-2020, 12:58 PM)sheepless Wrote: I had this issue with my first install of the first oscar release. it happened when I downloaded initial data from the sd card rather than choosing the data migration path. my understanding is that this problem was fixed in later versions.

Yes, this is fixed in the next version.

Sorry i dont understand........if it was fixed - then why did it happen to me?

Not that it is an issue as it is now solved........but i did download and install the latest version.
Post Reply Post Reply
It has been fixed in the latest version which is currently going through beta testing but not yet released to the public.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Future dates and/or date range flipmike 1 119 04-07-2024, 01:01 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Oscar question - flow rate graph not showing kkjacks 7 314 03-23-2024, 11:12 AM
Last Post: kkjacks
  incorrect first use date kguarino1 6 337 03-07-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
Question Importing Data Only After A Certain Date ResMed AirCurve 10 somewherein413 4 385 02-14-2024, 05:40 PM
  Oscar Shows Incorrect Date for Imported from Wellue O2 Ring DanaH 8 547 02-01-2024, 04:16 PM
  OSCAR Overview Pressure Plot not showing real Max sopherFellow 15 2,298 09-09-2023, 07:04 PM
Last Post: edfreeman
  ResMed AirCurve10 ASV Has Wrong Date jimchi 4 786 06-27-2023, 12:52 PM
Last Post: Dog Slobber

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.