Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR UI quirk
OSCAR UI quirk
I've had my new DreamStation2 for 2 nights now and was looking at the data (nice work on the decryption, btw!) and noticed something odd in the data. It's not a big deal, but I've programmed for over 40 years and learned long ago never to ignore anything that doesn't look right, as it's often a loose thread dangling from a bigger problem. 

The AHI value displayed above the Flow Rate graph in the Daily View is sometimes calculated or displayed incorrectly (see screen captures below). It does not change as I move the cursor across the graph, and I'm not entirely sure why it's displayed here at all (I pin the AHI graph at the top, below the Event Flag graph). If I click back and forth between last night and the night before, this AHI value changes from something reasonable to a huge number and back.

I looked at my old DreamStation data and saw the same thing, though I'd never noticed it before.

AHI value of 379993.69:

[Image: HugeAHI.jpg]

Same day's data after a few random switches between days:

[Image: NormalAHI.jpg]

I don't need this fixed, just wanted to report it for future reference in case it helps identify a problem that matters.
"A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself...A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague."

Marcus Tullius Cicero, Roman philosopher, statesman, and political theorist
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR UI quirk
Thanks for reporting this! The OSCAR team is always looking for new blood to help in its development. Since you have a background in coding, would you consider joining? The OSCAR source code is freely available, and is developed using the free version of Qt (Qt.io) version 5.xx, which is a C++ coding environment.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm oversubscribed with other commitments just now, but would enjoy doing so in the future.

C++ isn't my favorite language but I can work with it in a pinch.
"A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself...A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague."

Marcus Tullius Cicero, Roman philosopher, statesman, and political theorist
Post Reply Post Reply
If and when you are ready, please send a PM to Gideon, the OSCAR project manager.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Small visual quirk [solved, see post #3] Millstone50 3 678 12-16-2021, 02:57 PM
Last Post: Millstone50

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.