Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR: Understanding Overview page numbers
OSCAR: Understanding Overview page numbers
On the Overview page, above each graphic (e.g., AHI, Usage,...) is a row of numbers. Thus, for AHI:
AHI 0.00/1.06/2.70, H 0.00....

It appears the first number for AHI is the low for the selected range and the last is the high.

I'm thinking the middle number is the average. But I'm confused because it doesn't track exactly with the average indicated in the Statistics page for the same period.

I'm wondering if one is perhaps the median and the other, the mean. And, if so, why the different values are used on the different pages.

Or, maybe, that middle number is something entirely different that I'm not understanding?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR: Understanding Overview page numbers
You are correct about the values being the lowest, average, and highest. The values listed on the Overview page are based on the time period you have selected. As far as I know, there isn't an average listed for AHI on the Daily page. If you are referring to the parameters listed on the statistics, you will need to hover over the parameter name to get the average for that day.

When you find time, I suggest that you take a look at the links in my signature for additional information.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks.
The articles in your links don't seem to address the Statistics page or the Overview page.

The Statistics page shows AHI value for last week = AHI .74.

The Overview page, when I select for "Last week," shows "AHI 0.53/0.71/1.03"

So my question was, if that 0.71 on the Overview page is the week's average, why is it different than the Statistic's page 0.74 for "Last Week"?

I would think they should be the same number. That's why I wondered about whether one was mean and the other median, or something like that.

Similarly if I select "Last 6 months" on the Overview page, it shows (middle number) 1.06, whereas the Statistics page for "Last 6 months" show 1.13.

At least I can go ahead with my analysis using the Overview page for different periods, confirmed that that middle number is an average (of some kind).

Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just did a quick export of the data into Excel, and the Overview page data is the correct one for any selected time period. I'm wondering if the Statistic data is caused from rounding errors. Also, in the Overview page you can select "Last 2 Weeks", but when you go to export the data, it is labeled as, "Fortnight".
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I would need to look at the code to confirm, but I believe the number you see on the Overview page is the Median while the Statistics page has the Average.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Intellipap web page Thanassis 2 284 02-25-2024, 11:03 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Mask Brand and Type on Oscar summary page douglaskeene 2 288 02-11-2024, 06:37 PM
Last Post: douglaskeene
Question Statistics page, changes to device settings area, FL always shows 0.00? DancesWithCats 1 286 01-19-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Adding charts to Overview? bstabens 1 413 11-24-2023, 08:32 AM
Last Post: pholynyk
  Problems displaying graphs on Daily page SueB 4 568 11-14-2023, 08:05 PM
Last Post: SueB
  OSCAR Statistics Page SingingWolf 4 588 11-04-2023, 02:26 PM
Last Post: SingingWolf
  OSCAR Overview Pressure Plot not showing real Max sopherFellow 15 2,245 09-09-2023, 07:04 PM
Last Post: edfreeman

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.