Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR Welcome and Statistics page not matching
OSCAR Welcome and Statistics page not matching
Welcome page says Last 7 days AHI is 0.37; Statistics page shows 0.28.  Welcome page shows average leak rate for the last 7 days of 16.92, and Statistics page shows 0.03.

I believe the Statistics page is correct and the Welcome page is wrong.

I've been keeping a second set of books in Sleepy Head for comparison, and it shows 0.28 AHI on both Welcome and Statistics pages; and shows 1.84 7 day average leak rate on the Welcome page and 0.03 on the Statistics page.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR Welcome and Statistics page not matching
(02-06-2021, 11:26 AM)macbob Wrote: Welcome page says Last 7 days AHI is 0.37; Statistics page shows 0.28.  Welcome page shows average leak rate for the last 7 days of 16.92, and Statistics page shows 0.03.

You have probably encountered a subtle difference between the way the numbers on the Welcome page are calculated in OSCAR vs SleepyHead.

The purpose of the Welcome page is to alert you to changes in trends. So, when the 7-day average is calculated, it is calculated for the seven days preceding last night's data; last night's data is not included in that average calculation. Sleepyhead did include last night, so it was calculating the average of last night and the previous six nights. The rationale for the difference is that we want to highlight the difference between last night and the trend. If we include last night in the trend (as SH does), we make the difference less obvious.

The difference you see in the AHI number could be explained by that difference. But the difference in leak rate seems very large. Did you have an extremely high leak rate 7 days ago that would be included in OSCAR's calculation but not in SleepyHead's? If not, I would need to look at your SD card to see what is going on.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
GuyScharf-

Thank you for the explanation on the differences.  That's good to know.

On the leak rate:  I had one night where my leak rate was 34.8 (the velcro on my mask came loose, eventually I woke up and fixed it).  It was on the day included in Oscar's but not in SH's #s.

But that leads me to another issue, then. Looking at that last day (5 Feb), it says my leak rate was 0, but the Welcome says my average leaks on the last day I used it was 1.60 L/min.  I'm uploading side-by-side welcome and Daily screens.  It's not that big a difference, just curious now.

Thanks again for the excellent explanation!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Please move your mouse to hover over the "Leak Rate" label and a popup should show a difference Average calculation. What value does it show?

I have an (unpleasant) idea about what might be happening here and the number in the popup may provide a clue.
Useful links

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
P.S., Also, please post a screen shot of the Daily page for that day.
Useful links

Post Reply Post Reply

I'm not sure which Leak Rate label you want me to hover over.  I did not get a pop-up with a difference Average calculation.

Daily Tab:  Hovering over the Leak Rate label it says:  "Leak Rate Rate of detected mask leakage (L/min)".  As I hovered my mouse across the graph, 5 Feb shows 0 leak rate all the way across.  I hovered over everything that said Leak on the left hand side and nothing happened.

Overview Tab:  Hovering over the Leak Rate label says "Rate of detected mask leakage". Hovering over the 5 Feb, it says Peak Leak Rate, 95% Leak Rate, Median Leak Rate, and Min Leak Rate are all 0.00

Statistics Tab:  nothing happens when I hover over anything.

Welcome Tab:  nothing happens when I hover over the "Last time you used..." section.

Attaching my Daily screen shot for 5 Feb.

Thanks again for your help!
Post Reply Post Reply
Look at the listings on the left side of the Daily screen.  If you hover your mouse pointer over these labels, under the heading Statistics, it will provide a popup that lists the average for that parameter.

[Image: HI7JEjO.jpg]
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I had hovered over that my last attempt, and did not get a pop up.  I may have been moving the mouse slightly/enough that the popup didn't come up.  This time it did.

The popup says:  Rate of Detected Mask Leakage (L/min) W-avg: 0.00

-----

Also, looking at the daily statistics chart and graphs for 5 Feb, there seems to be other issues:

My flow limit in the chart on the left says Max of 0.17, but in the graphs I have at least one that was 0.61

My Snore stats say Max of 0.00, but I had 3 snore episodes in the graphs, with two of the 3 going above the 0.4 scale.  One registered 0.72, with the highest one recorded at 3.24.

The next ones weren't on the screenshot, but I'm attaching another screenshot with the additional graphs:

For the Respiratory rate, the stats chart says Max of 20.4, but when I hover over them in the graph, the highest one reads 24.0

For Tidal Vol the stats chart says max of 800, but the graph shows a max of 998.06

For Inspiration time, it says max of 3.24 but hovering over the graph it shows a max of 6.52

Exp time says max of 3.22 but the graph shows the highest was 3.82

Minute Vent says max of 10.88, but the graph shows the highest was 12.36
Post Reply Post Reply
The Max is actually the 99th %tile value.  The label will be changed to reflect this in the next release.  The reason the for using the 99th %tile, is to exclude artifacts.

I would recommend that you purge the day you have displayed and reimport it. This has corrected problems in the past.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you could send me a zip of your SD card, I could look at that date closely and determine why you are having some oddities.  Use Help/Troubleshooting/Create zip of SD card and upload the zip file to my Dropbox folder.
Useful links

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Intellipap web page Thanassis 2 280 02-25-2024, 11:03 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Mask Brand and Type on Oscar summary page douglaskeene 2 286 02-11-2024, 06:37 PM
Last Post: douglaskeene
Question Statistics page, changes to device settings area, FL always shows 0.00? DancesWithCats 1 281 01-19-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Problems displaying graphs on Daily page SueB 4 564 11-14-2023, 08:05 PM
Last Post: SueB
  OSCAR Statistics Page SingingWolf 4 584 11-04-2023, 02:26 PM
Last Post: SingingWolf
Question Change Statistics view default to Monthly instead of Standard? retro 4 563 10-06-2023, 07:45 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  OSCAR Profile page recent change GordK 3 546 09-05-2023, 05:01 PM
Last Post: GordK

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.