Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR Windows Portable No-Install
RE: OSCAR Windows Portable No-Install
Sorry to dig up this old post yet again, but I have a related question: can you install multiple copies of OSCAR on the same computer and use them to view the same profile so you could do things like viewing the daily and overview windows at the same time? Or do a daily view of more than one day at the same time?
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes and no. I do this for development. As you install OSCAR, rename its folder. I currently have, OSCAR, OSCAR1.4.0, OSCAR1.5.0, OSCAR1.5.1, and OSCAR1.5.1A. The only problem is if all of them use the same OSCAR_Data directory, the first instance of OSCAR will place a lock file on it. This will prevent subsequent instances of OSCAR access to the data.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
So then would it work if I simply copied the contents of the data folder from the "original" instance to the other instances' data folders after uploading from my SD card to the original?
Post Reply Post Reply
There is only one OSCAR_Data folder. The OSCAR program is stored in the Program File directory. The OSCAR_Data directory default location is in the Documents directory. There is nothing to copy.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Understood. Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello Crimson Nape,

I'm having the same issue as CraigKevin: I only have a company laptop (threw out the old pc) and have no admin rights. Your dropbox zip-file expired, would it be possible to share a copy of the OSCAR 1.5.1 file folder so I can copy it?

Thanks in advance  Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Ossy01!  -  Welcome
That link is 3 years old and, as you have found, no longer valid.  The download link for OSCAR v1.5.1 is embedded in this sentence and is available at the top of every page here.  Look in the black ribbon for "OSCAR". For safety reasons, only download OSCAR from this location.

Let me know if you experience any problems.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Hello Crimson Nape,

Thanks for your swift reply. I did find the download link for OSCAR v.1.5.1, but since I don't own a pc anymore and I'm limited to a company laptop without admin / installation rights, I can't use the executable file. This is the reason for my request for a copy of the OSCAR installation folder. Until now, I've been using the SleepyHead-1.1.0-testing2 executable, which will run without installation.

Could you help me to a copy of the OSCAR 1.5.1 installation folder?
Thanks in advance!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [split] OSCAR v1.5.2 is Install Problems millerdq 1 62 03-27-2024, 03:29 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  multiple windows ? zaienk 4 314 01-17-2024, 07:15 AM
Last Post: zaienk
Question Failed drive, now cannot install or uninstall Oscar jmac862 8 744 01-08-2024, 04:00 PM
Last Post: SGKent
  Can't install Oscar. Ficklid22 14 1,577 11-13-2023, 12:36 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  OSCAR 1.5.1 Windows 10 sleeper2460 2 750 11-01-2023, 12:29 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  wifi EzShare SD Card for Windows 11 Home Greg1582378 3 835 09-23-2023, 03:47 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  How To install prisma ts software ? Amir Eid 11 8,232 05-26-2023, 02:06 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.