Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR and SH won't read SD card after Win7 to 10 upgrade
OSCAR and SH won't read SD card after Win7 to 10 upgrade
OSCAR 1.1.0 downloaded 5/9/10 as replacement for Sleepyhead, which was lost during Win7 to Win10 upgrade last month.
Software loaded and Profile entered OK.

I put my SD card in and I get:

To which I answer "Cancel"   (If I say format Disk, it warns all data on disk will be overwritten)  Then after cancel I get:

So, I click okay to close out the window.

When I try CPAP importer in Oscar I get:

Which after 20 sec. or so changes to:

Find Directory
Look in:   C:\Program Files\OSCAR
C drive shows in window
Choose is grayed out

I'm not sure whether it's asking me where to find my SD card, or whether it's asking where I want the CPAP data to be put, or what?   If I try to navigate via the "My Computer" to SD card F drive via my computer, no F:\ drive is found.  I only see C and my external hard drive.

Find Directory
Look in:   (blank)
D drive and E drive   

If I type in F:\  in the line for directory and press enter  the window just closes, and nothing happens.

If instead I choose Owner  then "OSCAR_Data"  then press Choose

Find Directory
Look in:  C:\Users\Owner\Documents
Selection window, I select  "OSCAR_Data"

Then I press Choose, again, nothing happens.   Daily view and Overview etc continue to be grayed out.
I decided to revert to Sleepyhead (which worked well for years before my Win7 to Win10 update), and reloaded that.   However, with sleepyhead I get the exact same behavior.  So, I suspect the problem is tied to my new Win10 operating system, and its dislike of my cpap SD card.   Maybe it's just not willing to let Oscar download data from an SD which it thinks is not formatted?

I have another SD card from an older similar Respironics system One CPAP, but I also get the same results with that.   Putting my SD card back in the CPAP, respironics acts like it's fine with the card, so I think the card is okay.   

In all the switching and experimenting, I'm sure at least once I put the SD card in without locking it, but that made no difference.   I'm sure I'd failed to lock it once or twice when using Win7, and had no trouble either locked or unlocked SD with Sleepyhead.

I'm sorry if I'm repeating an old question.  I've searched in several places for a solution and came up empty.  Maybe I'm not a very effective searcher?

Thank you in advance if anyone is able to offer help.

Bruce
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR and Sleepyhead won't read SD card after Win7 to 10 upgrade
It looks like your PC cannot find and does not recognise the SD card. Do you have another one you can try ?
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes. I have a second SD card from another similar CPAP. I tried that one, but got the same result. The 2nd one also has worked with sleepyhead as recently as 6 months ago.

Thank you for the suggestion.
Post Reply Post Reply
Then maybe your card reader is bad or not using the correct drivers
Post Reply Post Reply
Do you have another computer, or another SD Card reader?
Post Reply Post Reply
I just found 2 SD cards I use in a camera, which I normally can easily download pictures directly from the SD card. Both of these give me the same result with request to Format the disk. So, I think that narrows my problem to an issue with the reader, or some aspect of my new Win10 upgrade ability to interface with the reader. I'll talk to the guy who helped with the update, and I'll let you know what I learn.

Thank you!
Bruce
Post Reply Post Reply
I found a really old little Dynex brand USB remote SD card reader in an old drawer of device cables. I plugged it in, and it reads my camera SD cards fine. I put in the CPAP SD card, and fired up OSCAR and BOOM, everything is fine. Downloads fine from either of my CPAP SD cards, and seemlessly integrates the data. Nice! THANK YOU to those who responded, and especially to any and all who have worked on Sleepyhead or Oscar over the years. Your effort is very much appreciated by me.

Thanks,
Bruce
Post Reply Post Reply
I didn't see if your reader is a USB plugin or a built-in device.  If it is a USB device, try another USB port.  Sometimes Windows will cease to recognize a device on a particular port.  If it is built-in, look at your system device listing to make sure it is showing up.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR not recognising SD card data from BMC alid 4 39 6 hours ago
Last Post: alid
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 83 Yesterday, 01:07 AM
Last Post: Ibrumley
  Is there a solution to read out the newer versions of the Contect CMS50F under Linux? Mast04 10 812 03-25-2024, 08:46 PM
Last Post: Pierelly
  Data Files in an upgrade AlanR 2 88 03-10-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: AlanR
  Oscar profile vanished, SD card wiped clean. How? , who and why Innisfree 23 1,765 01-13-2024, 03:52 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  WiFi SD Card for AirSense and OSCAR Stillglade 1 645 01-08-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  AirSense 10 LTE upgrade SGKent 5 651 01-07-2024, 11:52 PM
Last Post: SGKent

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.