Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR - anyway to get data from NightShift into OSCAR please?
OSCAR - anyway to get data from NightShift into OSCAR please?
I use a positional device called a NightShift, which vibrates and buzzes when I lie on my back.  I used this when my apnoea was first diagnosed, hoping to avoid getting a CPAP.    It definitely improved things,  and I decided to get a CPAP anyway to get the maximum improvement possible.

I had hoped that, with a CPAP, I would no longer need to worry about sleeping on my back.  I've learned, however, that my best nights are still when I avoid sleeping on my back, and so I now wear the NightShift as well as the CPAP (and my Wellue O2 ring!).

As well as the alarm/vibration,  the NightShift records my positions throughout the night.  I find the data really interesting,  and I often use a combination of my NightShift report and my Wellue data and the PrismaTS software (Thank you to this board for explaining how to set that p) to help me understand what's really going on.   

I would love to be able to see all of this one place, rather than having to try and look at multiple sets of data.

Is it possible that OSCAR might be able to pull in NightShift data, please?   Currently I can only see it in the App or in PDF form.

Thanks for your help
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR - anyway to get data from NightShift into OSCAR please?
The 2 obstacles to your request are:
1. A PDF file is nothing more than a graphic format, like a .jpeg or a .png file. It has the ability to link multiple images together to form a multipage document. You would need to convert this to a text file. The text file would have to be formatted to allow for parsing of the data.

2. You are, so far, the only person requesting this device. Device development priority is usually given to the device that will benefit the most users.

With the above stated, OSCAR is an open source project. Everyone has the ability to download the source code and customize it to their needs.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you, I had suspected that would be the case (on both counts). 
If there had been interest from others, I would have contacted the people who designed NightShift to see if there was anyway to get to the raw data.

Thanks for taking the time to reply
Hazel
Post Reply Post Reply
Your app almost certainly uses a Sqlite database... OSCAR has an importer for the Somnopose device, which sounds similar...

If you can export the Sqlite data and massage it to look like Somnopose data, that should do what you want --- maybe?
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you, that's really helpful.
I emailed NightShift thid morning to ask if there is a way I can access the data.
Post Reply Post Reply
You can accomplish the same thing with the (paid) Android App "Torena." Install the app on an (old) android phone and place it on your belly. The app can be set to sound an alarm when lying in the wrong position.

The data from Torena can be imported and displayed in OSCAR and looks like this

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Oh that sounds really interesting, thank you.
I've got an old android phone somewhere, so I will try that.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is the link to the Torena website.
https://torena.koalative.com/

I think this is a very usefull app with a lot of settings and options
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you. I've downloaded the app, and I will try it tonight
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR not recognising SD card data from BMC alid 4 33 4 hours ago
Last Post: alid
  Newbie Q on using OSCAR for first time Tman1966 1 32 8 hours ago
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  OSCAR and DreamStation 2 sallym 11 591 Yesterday, 01:20 AM
Last Post: sallym
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 81 Yesterday, 01:07 AM
Last Post: Ibrumley
  Oscar and ResMed Domino96 13 785 03-27-2024, 06:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [split] OSCAR v1.5.2 is Install Problems millerdq 1 59 03-27-2024, 03:29 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  Cannot run Oscar on Mac Studio w/Sonoma 14.4 Morseman 4 77 03-27-2024, 03:29 PM
Last Post: Morseman

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.