Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR can't access Oximeter data CMS50EA
RE: OSCAR can't access Oximeter data CMS50EA
Not demo file. Has my name in file name and is file I can open in Smart Device Assistant. But when I try to copy and paste file elsewhere, system says file not at that path.

The file does not have windows system "hidden" attribute. If I do search directly in the Data folder, does not find anything but finds if search done at root level.

So Smart Device Assistant is hiding file elsewhere but gives that path name when found in search at root level.

So infuriating that developers would make file inaccessible except within Smart Device Assistant. Must be a redirect to somewhere under other filename.

Wonder if older version of Smart Device Assistant will work with my new model CMS50EA.
Everyone has a bad hair day once in a while.  Same with a night on xPAP.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok. Figured out how to import Smart Device Assistant files into OSCAR.

1. Open SpO2 file in Smart Device Assistant.

2. use SAVE AS and specify location (Desktop). 

3. Open OSCAR and import the file saved to Desktop.
Post Reply Post Reply
Did you have any luck finding
Code:
C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Smart Device Assistant V3.1.0.1\Data

All of my SpO2 files are stored there. File Explorer will not find them when doing a search though, even with "Show hidden items" checked. I have to navigate through the folders in the left pane when I need to get one of the files. I just setup a shortcut to the Data folder from that location.

The prior version of software was called SpO2 Assistant but I don't know if it will work with the newer devices. Contec changed the comm protocol in these newer versions.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Look at the folder's properties for a hidden setting. Also, you can set the Windows Explorer to display hidden files all the time. The setting is in Tools ⇾ View ⇾ Hidden Files and Folders. Of course, this is in Windows 7, yours should be something close to this. I don't do Win10.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have Windows 8. I turned on hidden files under view in File Explorer. Now I see my SpO2 under Users\myname\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Smart Device Assistant V3.1.0.1\Data.

The timestamp on file is when I uploaded from pulse oximeter.

Instructions should tell us to see hidden files in File Explorer. Intetestingly, Folder and Files do not have Windows "hidden attribute" when you view properties.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-30-2022, 02:31 PM)zzzlessinMS Wrote: I have Windows 8. I turned on hidden files under view in File Explorer. Now I see my SpO2 under Users\myname\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Smart Device Assistant V3.1.0.1\Data.

Good to hear!  Smile

On my Win10 the \Users\myusername\AppData folder is marked Hidden/RO but none of the folders under it are.  Must be a Win10 thing!?!?

The wiki has been updated to make note of the hidden files/items setting in File Explorer.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Facing the same problem (recently) with ".sio2" files extracted by Smart Device Assistant v3.1.0.1. The OSCAR oximeter wizard had been working flawlessly (for more than 6 months) as described in "Contec file import" report. Since yesterday the files were not found in " C:\users\YourUserName\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files(x86)\Smart Device Assistant V3,1,0,1\Data   location.

The Smart Device Assistant program extract the data from CMS50F and saved in the folder. The data (all previous and recent) can be seen by Smart Device Assistant program at \Program Files(x86)\Smart Device Assistant V1.1.0.1\Data and can be displayed in the graphical form. Since the data files exist (according to Smart Device Assistant program) it is assumed that the files may be Hidden in File Explore and hence to OSCAR.

The data is not visible in (Windows10) File Explore at C:\users\.....\Data location. As described in "Contec file import" report, checking the "Show hidden files..." (File Explore\View) OR Changing the (File Explore\View\Options) Show hidden file still does not work.

Any ideas, suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply
Have you tried performing a search of your complete C:\ drive using the search term, "*.spo2"?

Contec could be taking lessons from Viatom/Wellue and redesigning the complete code, including its data location, on every version update.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
To add to Red's advice...

Have you tried getting to that location using the Command Prompt?  
Code:
C:\Users\Jeff>cd AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Smart Device Assistant V3.1.0.1\Data

C:\Users\Jeff\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Smart Device Assistant V3.1.0.1\Data>dir
Volume in drive C has no label.
Volume Serial Number is F6D7-9188

Directory of C:\Users\Jeff\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Smart Device Assistant V3.1.0.1\Data

12/22/2022  09:04    <DIR>          .
12/22/2022  09:04    <DIR>          ..
12/22/2022  09:02           984,652 _user_1_1_20221222090207.csv
12/22/2022  09:02            66,726 _user_1_1_20221222090207.SpO2
12/22/2022  09:02               144 _user_1_1_20221222090207.txt
12/22/2022  09:02            16,462 _user_1_1_20221222090207_60.csv
01/27/2022  10:07           991,882 _user_1_1_20220127100712.csv
01/27/2022  10:07            67,208 _user_1_1_20220127100712.SpO2
01/27/2022  10:07               132 _user_1_1_20220127100712.txt
01/27/2022  10:07            16,582 _user_1_1_20220127100712_60.csv
              8 File(s)      2,143,788 bytes
              2 Dir(s)  16,504,942,592 bytes free

C:\Users\Jeff\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Smart Device Assistant V3.1.0.1\Data>

I just archived most of my SpO2 files to an external device this morning to free up room in my VM so there are only a couple listed there.

Are you using any type of AntiVirus software?  Sometimes the AV software will move files it's not sure about to a "Quarantine" folder somewhere.
Jeff8356

How to Links:
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Update on my previous post.

Instead of wasting too much time on (Windows 10) File Explorer, hidden files issues, I decided a work around by taking an extra step in Saving the new extracted Smart Device Assistant data file to a new folder in D:\Spio2_TodaysDate and have the OSCAR upload the file from that location. I don"t quite understand why we are messing around with files saved under ..\Program Files(x86)... Problem solved, Cheers.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 69 3 hours ago
Last Post: Ibrumley
  Trouble importing data to Oscar bubbafoxus 2 86 03-22-2024, 05:40 PM
Last Post: bubbafoxus
  OSCAR Profiles and Combining Different Brand CPAP Data StratCat48 2 48 03-22-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: StratCat48
  Where Oscar put the data file? Rosacer24 0 58 03-22-2024, 12:16 AM
Last Post: Rosacer24
  There's 1.5 years of data in my OSCAR, but now there's a problem Snackers 8 216 03-19-2024, 03:36 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  OSCAR v1.5.2- error code 5, unable to write to data directory sleepynotion 2 105 03-18-2024, 12:09 PM
Last Post: sleepynotion
  OSCAR data backup strategy matt2 2 95 03-18-2024, 10:32 AM
Last Post: LoudSnorer

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.