Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR color settings?
OSCAR color settings?
2 or 3 weeks ago, the color settings on my OSCAR program seem to have changed...

The yellow rectangle has white text in it, that gives the last usage data of my machine on import. to read it, I have to highlite it, like I am gonna copy it.
This text used to be black.

The File Data View Help menus at the top are not visible unless the cursor is over them.

I don't see anything in the Appearrance screen that covers the font color...

I am currently running Manjaro Gnome Linux
Oscar v1.02-beta-1[6b7fe4c8 LegacyGFX]

Vik-Thor Rose
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR color settings?
It looks like you are using dark mode on your Computer this is adversely affecting OSCAR google turning off Dark Mode for an app that will fix up your issues. Oscar does not currently support Dark Mode
Post Reply Post Reply
Did you change your theme settings or update your system lately? As jaswilliams said, what you are seeing appears to match what happens on a Mac running MacOS Mojave in Dark Mode.
I'm not familiar with Manjaro Linux, and I haven't played around with Gnome themes at all, so I'm not sure of what is possible there.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't think I changed the theming before it happened. Like I said, it's been like this for a few weeks... it's just a minor annoyance. I tend to upload my SD card every few days, rather than every morning.
I do have Nightlight running, but that is an app that changes the color temperature of the display, not really a dark mode. I will have to dig into it.

(Manjaro is Arch based. It's a rolling release, but the updates aren't pushed for about a week or so.)
I am thinking about doing some distro shopping in September... Any idea what the more popular Linux distributions among OSCAR users is?

Vik-Thor
Post Reply Post Reply
Ubuntu is probably the most popular, although there's a release for Debian 9 currently as well.  Current Ubuntu LTS is 18.04 and I think the OSCAR team wants to stick with supporting LTS releases, if I'm not mistaken.  That's if you want to use one of the .deb files.  Of course, you can always compile OSCAR yourself for testing on your Linux distro of choice.

Pretty sure the current version of Mint is also based upon Ubuntu 18.04, so that might be an option also.
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah, I also have this problem. I like dark mode in general, so I don't want to turn it off universally. Hopefully OSCAR will support it in an upcoming release.
Post Reply Post Reply
It isn't really something OSCAR can do on its own, but rather something that the QT developers are probably working on (I hope).
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar doesn't update settings kappak 1 280 01-19-2024, 01:31 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  OSCAR "Most recent" AHI doesn't match " Changes to Device Settings" macbob 5 1,039 01-19-2024, 09:38 AM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  Oscar 1.3 "Mode and Pressure settings missing; yesterday's shown." DrNefario 8 1,315 11-18-2022, 01:55 PM
Last Post: Jeff8356
  Oscar device settings report DanEm 1 602 11-10-2022, 08:58 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Changing cpap machine settings in Oscar Sofie 5 2,038 03-26-2022, 11:24 PM
Last Post: GuyScharf
  Oscar on Mac - background color for Statistics report KSMatthew 10 834 11-11-2021, 05:22 PM
Last Post: KSMatthew
  ResScan or Oscar to see all CPAP settings? daveasu 5 1,024 11-10-2021, 04:10 PM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.