Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR crash [unable to open profiles] [solution in post #11]
OSCAR crash [unable to open profiles] [solution in post #11]
While opening OSCAR, the program originally seemed to crash.  There was a brief message (too brief to even capture or remember), something about a compatibility issue.
Not sure if this is an OSCAR problem or a Windows problem.  It was working fine until this morning.

OSCAR seemed to want to open, but I only got a blank screen, with OSCAR logo at top.  Tried a couple times to delete OSCAR and reinstall, but the same blank screen appeared when clicking on icon.  

Held down the shift key and clicked on OSCAR at the same time, and this appeared. [See attachment} Prior was just a blank page.
When I clicked on a profile, nothing happens.  In other words, I am unable to open any of the profiles.  Also, note that the "Open Profile" button is grayed out.

Appreciate any help!

Using Windows 10, Version 1909
OS Build 18363.1198

Inspiron 24-5459 DeskTop
64 bit operating system, x64 based processor
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR crash [unable to open profiles]
Can you go to the Help menu and under Troubleshooting, click on Show Debug Pane? If you can, then select everything in the debug pane and copy it into a text file. It may be too long to paste into a post, but you can attach the txt file for us to look at.

PS - There's an easy way to do that, but I'm just now updating my Surface Pro to 1.2.0, and it's taking a while to upgrade the database.... Ah, under Troubleshooting, click on 'Create zip of OSCAR diagnostic logs'
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Where can I send it?
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The debug information says you are using Legacy Graphics, but I suspect your machine is new enough to use the OpenGL version. This can be set in Preferences, in the General tab. The default is Desktop OpenGL, which should work on modern PCs.

Mind you, I'm not an expert with Windows PCs...
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I can't see your attachment or debug log, so cannot say anything meaningful.

The debug log from the last execution of OSCAR is OSCAR_Data/logs/debug.txt. You could just attach that to a post here.

This may be one of the rare situations in which looking for application failure notices about OSCAR in the Windows Event Viewer might have something useful to say.

Also, click on the notification area icon at the right end of the task bar and see if the OSCAR message that disappeared so fast is there. It might be.

Run Task Manager to make sure you have only one copy of OSCAR running.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
you might check for a recent windows update. windows updates almost always cause havoc on my laptop, wiping personal files, changing settings and disappearing programs. usually they're still installed but desktop, start and taskbar icons disappear. other times programs are actually uninstalled and disappear from control panel/programs and features. sometimes I'm able to reinstall a missing or non-functioning program; other times it doesn't work. I don't know if this is your problem or why oscar wouldn't be compatible with windows 10, but an update might have corrupted some part of oscar that a reinstall would rectify.

edit: re-reading, I initially missed that you already tried reinstalling. still, it wouldn't surprise me if an update screwed something up.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is the relevant chunk of debug text:  The zip files have disappeared!
Code:
00825: Critical: createContext: wglCreateContextAttribsARB() failed (GL error code: 0x0) for format: QSurfaceFormat(version 2.0, options QFlags<QSurfaceFormat::FormatOption>(), depthBufferSize -1, redBufferSize -1, greenBufferSize -1, blueBufferSize -1, alphaBufferSize -1, stencilBufferSize -1, samples -1, swapBehavior QSurfaceFormat::DefaultSwapBehavior, swapInterval 1, colorSpace QSurfaceFormat::DefaultColorSpace, profile  QSurfaceFormat::NoProfile), shared context: 0x1 (The operation completed successfully.)
00825: Critical: createContext: wglCreateContext failed. (The operation completed successfully.)
00825: Warning: Unable to create a GL Context.
00825: Warning: composeAndFlush: QOpenGLContext creation failed
00856: Warning: composeAndFlush: makeCurrent() failed
00856: Warning: composeAndFlush: makeCurrent() failed
03307: Warning: composeAndFlush: makeCurrent() failed
03375: Warning: composeAndFlush: makeCurrent() failed
03475: Warning: composeAndFlush: makeCurrent() failed
03591: Warning: composeAndFlush: makeCurrent() failed
As mentioned earlier, OSCAR is using LegacyGFX, which may be part of the problem.
Post Reply Post Reply
There was a recent windows update, but it seemed that OSCAR worked fine up until this morning. Something has changed.
As soon as my Granddaughter goes home, I'll try that debug information again.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Both the attachment and the zip file were in your posts earlier... Somebody must have edited them away...

Perhaps the little chunk I posted will be enough... if not, I do have the zip file OpalRose posted originally.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think I'd try a fresh start of OSCAR:

1) Using the registry editor, delete OSCAR_Team from Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\OSCAR_Team. That will delete all saved settings. Or, for a simpler approach, download and run http://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR/Patch/CleanRegistry.reg.  Running this registry script will do the same thing and delete all OSCAR entries in the system registry without your having to open the registry editor yourself.

2) Re-install OSCAR 1.2.0.

3) Start OSCAR, create a new OSCAR data directory and see if that will work properly.

4) Then try using your existing OSCAR data directory and see what happens.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is there a solution to read out the newer versions of the Contect CMS50F under Linux? Mast04 10 807 03-25-2024, 08:46 PM
Last Post: Pierelly
  OSCAR lost my profiles! jtardo 13 190 03-25-2024, 07:40 PM
Last Post: jtardo
  OSCAR Profiles and Combining Different Brand CPAP Data StratCat48 2 49 03-22-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: StratCat48
  OSCAR v1.5.2- error code 5, unable to write to data directory sleepynotion 2 106 03-18-2024, 12:09 PM
Last Post: sleepynotion
  OSCAR crash importing Well O2 Max data RobertFz 7 427 02-01-2024, 10:04 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  Oscar Profiles, etc Fixit50 4 204 01-31-2024, 03:49 PM
Last Post: Fixit50
  Cannot select profile in OSCAR [solved, see post #9] GB San Jose 9 1,491 10-09-2023, 08:24 AM
Last Post: GB San Jose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.