Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR crashes when loading summary data [v1.0.1 patches this issue, see post #4]
OSCAR crashes when loading summary data [v1.0.1 patches this issue, see post #4]
I am having problems, when it tries to load data summary it closes on me. I have not been able to get it to work. Some of my icons in the start menu have changed and they will not work know. I might have to do a system restore. I don't have time to play with it more because I have to go to work. I am running 64 bit windows 10.

car54
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR is Released and Live
I just rebooted my computer twice and my icons are working but Oscar still closes when it tries to load data summary.

car54
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: [split] OSCAR crashes when loading summary data
Car54, this is a known problem and we're working on a fix. To prevent it happening in the meantime go to the Oscar_Data folder, and find the file Profile.xml. This will be in a sub-folder Oscar_Data\Profiles\Username\Profile.xml

Open the file in a text editor such as Notepad and search for "PreloadSummaries" and make sure the PreloadSummaries is set to false as below

<PreloadSummaries type="bool">false</PreloadSummaries>

This should overcome the problem at the cost of Oscar running a little bit slower until a permanent fix can be found.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: [split] OSCAR crashes when loading summary data
OSCAR version 1.0.1 is now available from the OSCAR download page (link at the top of every forum page).

(This version patches OSCAR to avoid the issue described in this thread)

A note on the download page from Fred Bonjour:

Quote:Why a patch on Day 1? We inherited an issue from SleepyHead v1.1.0 where the code was not managing resources correctly for multithreading.
This patch simply turns off multithreading, at least until the root cause is specifically identified. Then it will be evaluated as to whether to add it back in or not.

OSCAR v1.0.1 may be installed directly over OSCAR v1.0.0
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR crashes when loading summary data [v1.0.1 patches this issue, see post #4]
The new version works.
Thanks, Car54
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR crashes when loading summary data [v1.0.1 patches this issue, see post #4]
Yup -- tried all 3, but all the same :-(
Cheers, Dallas
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-21-2019, 09:11 PM)drdca Wrote: Oscar 1.0.1 still crashes for me (windows 10 64bit). It gets as far as reading summary data then windows says it's stopped responding and closes it.

I'd like to ask some background questions so that I understand your situation clearly.

How far have you gotten with Oscar?  I presume the installation had no error messages.  Did you migrate Sleepyhead data?  If not, did you then create a profile successfully?

If you got that far, does the Daily page look ok?

Have you ever been able to import data from your SD card successfully?

Did you use Sleepyhead before trying Oscar, and did that work ok for you?
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-24-2019, 09:21 AM)GuyScharf Wrote:
(08-21-2019, 09:11 PM)drdca Wrote: Oscar 1.0.1 still crashes for me (windows 10 64bit). It gets as far as reading summary data then windows says it's stopped responding and closes it.

I'd like to ask some background questions so that I understand your situation clearly.

How far have you gotten with Oscar?  I presume the installation had no error messages.  Did you migrate Sleepyhead data?  If not, did you then create a profile successfully?

Installed just fine, no error messages. I did not migrate data, and I did create a profile successfully.

If you got that far, does the Daily page look ok?

When I successfully imported Remstar data, everything was just as it should be. It's the S10 data that won't import

Have you ever been able to import data from your SD card successfully?

As above.

Did you use Sleepyhead before trying Oscar, and did that work ok for you?

I've used Sleepyhead in the past on my Remstar and it was fine. Since getting the S10 2 years ago I haven't tried, and now that I DO try Sleepyhead has the same issues as Oscar does.
I should mention that I'm working from a directory copy of the card rather than the actual SD card itself.
Thanks!
Cheers, Dallas
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-24-2019, 01:24 PM)drdca Wrote: I've used Sleepyhead in the past on my Remstar and it was fine. Since getting the S10 2 years ago I haven't tried, and now that I DO try Sleepyhead has the same issues as Oscar does.
I should mention that I'm working from a directory copy of the card rather than the actual SD card itself.
Thanks!

Try importing from the SD card itself and see if that works.

We had another problem report about importing from a copy of the card and it turned out to be a problem with the copy process.  Let's eliminate the copy process from the test and see if importing directly from the card works ok.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-24-2019, 01:29 PM)GuyScharf Wrote:
(08-24-2019, 01:24 PM)drdca Wrote: I've used Sleepyhead in the past on my Remstar and it was fine. Since getting the S10 2 years ago I haven't tried, and now that I DO try Sleepyhead has the same issues as Oscar does.
Thanks!

Try importing from the SD card itself and see if that works.

No, it made no difference. (Perhaps I should mention that I'm a retired computer networking tech <g>)
Cheers, Dallas
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 78 Today, 01:07 AM
Last Post: Ibrumley
Question Displaying more data from viatom/Wellue in the summary panel ? croc297 2 78 03-25-2024, 04:30 PM
Last Post: AlannaSantos
  Trouble importing data to Oscar bubbafoxus 2 88 03-22-2024, 05:40 PM
Last Post: bubbafoxus
  OSCAR Profiles and Combining Different Brand CPAP Data StratCat48 2 49 03-22-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: StratCat48
  Where Oscar put the data file? Rosacer24 0 60 03-22-2024, 12:16 AM
Last Post: Rosacer24
Sad Instructions do NOT address hours used issue Plmnb 15 293 03-19-2024, 10:55 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  There's 1.5 years of data in my OSCAR, but now there's a problem Snackers 8 223 03-19-2024, 03:36 AM
Last Post: Snackers

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.