Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR files being duplicated on OneDrive [resolved, see post #3]
Question 
OSCAR files being duplicated on OneDrive [resolved, see post #3]
I am new to OSCAR but not new to sleep apnea or SleepyHead. I just got a new laptop and installed OSCAR. After I did my first upload I noticed that the data had been copied to my OneDrive. I did not see why the software created a folder on OneDrive or how it even had permissions to write to OneDrive. I uninstalled the software and deleted the data from OneDrive. I reinstalled the software and everything was find until I did my data load. OSCAR has created another folder on my OneDrive and it is copying my profile data from the default file location to OneDrive. Is this an OSCAR issue or it is in Windows 10 issue?

It's just odd.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR files being duplicated on OneDrive
I would say that has to be a Windows problem. On a Windows platform the default OSCAR Data folder is created in your "My Documents" directory. If you deleted it the program, you probably didn't remove the registry. There is a key that list where the data directory is located. You might need to modify this entry.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
There is an option in OneDrive to backup your Documents folder to OneDrive. Maybe that is what is happening? Check your OneDrive Settings.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I kept looking to see if I could find the problem and even chatted with Microsoft Support. I finally found the setting where Win10 was set to automatically copy files from the Documents folder to OneDrive. I turned that off and everything is good now.

FWIW, I had to tell the MS support person how I figured it out since their only advice was to sign out of OneDrive. SMH
Post Reply Post Reply
You are the first to report this, but probably not the last. For the benefit of others, please describe the steps taken to disable this feature.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Clieck on OneDrive in notification area, click on "... More", click on Settings, click on Backup tab, click on Manage Backup, click on Stop Backup for Documents.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for the timely "how to". I just saw yesterday that I had files on OneDrive somehow. I had set Windows to backup on an external drive sometime back. I do not recall ever seeing any request for authorization to back me up on any device outside my home. However, I often disconnect the external drive and am thinking that may have triggered OneDrive backup somehow. It makes me extremely uncomfortable knowing my stuff is all out there somewhere and totally subject to cyber clutches. I have studiously avoided all the invites to move info outward.

2SB
I have no particular qualifications or expertise with respect to the apnea/cpap/sleep related content of my posts beyond my own user experiences and what I've learned from others on this site. Each of us bears the burden of evaluating the validity and applicability of what we read here before acting on it.  

Of my 3 once-needed, helpful, and adjunctive devices I have listed, only the accelerometer remains operative (but now idle). My second CMS50I died, too, of old age and the so-so Dreem 2 needs head-positioning band repair--if, indeed, Dreem even supports use of it now.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR files being duplicated on OneDrive [resolved, see post #3]
Guy's reply above is the correct solution to the problem but you have to right click on the OneDrive icon in the system tray that looks like a gray cloud. Right click and then go to Settings. Click on the Backup tab and then click on the Manage Backup button. You can then select the files that you want to automatically backup to OneDrive. It appears that it works best if you leave at least one of the options turned on so I left the option to sync photos turned on. I do advise that you go back and check these setting on a regular basis because, as if common with MS products, it sometimes gets a mind of its own and turns things back on. I'm going to try and get some help from MS to get this turned off for good without having to sign out of OneDrive.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Data Files in an upgrade AlanR 2 85 03-10-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: AlanR
  Getting O2 Insight Pro files to OSCAR? SnoozeBest 7 242 02-26-2024, 10:23 PM
Last Post: SnoozeBest
  OSCAR Doesn't Recognize Data Files Heaviside 1 201 02-17-2024, 05:03 PM
Last Post: Heaviside
  Data Import hangs midway thru catalogueing EDF files dataq1 4 262 01-14-2024, 02:53 PM
Last Post: dataq1
  Request Copy of Resmed Airsense 10 SDCard core files gedm 6 484 12-14-2023, 07:04 PM
Last Post: gedm
  How to get raw watchpat data from .dat files? lisaistired 5 574 11-23-2023, 06:04 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  any example files for OSCAR CSV import enigmatic 8 716 10-28-2023, 02:16 PM
Last Post: lzmontana

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.