Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR frozen after O2Ring data update
OSCAR frozen after O2Ring data update
Greetings,
After uploading my O2Ring data this morning, I am no longer able to see the various data views. It appears that OSCAR is unhappy with my user profile. What do I need to do to recover?
Thanks,
Don

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR frozen after O2Ring data update
doulman,

Does anything happen when you click on the profile?  It should highlight the profile and make the "Open Profile" button on the right activate.

Double clicking the profile should also open it.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Greetings,
I cannot select the profile line and double clicking on the profile line does nothing.
Don
Post Reply Post Reply
Greetings,
I'm running OSCAR 1.4.0+e35d47b3 on a Window 10 computer. I cannot select my profile in the startup window. (see enclosure) I am able to export all of the data using the Export Data function in the File menu. I can't see any of the graphical data that I was able to see in the past. My data import occurred each day by inserting the Resmed BiPAP card into my laptop and importing the BiPAP data into Oscar. I then import my O2 Ring data via USB connection and then import the O2 and heart rate data into Oscar. This process worked for ~150 days. Then Oscar stopped working correctly.
Has anyone else had a similar problem?
Any suggestions on correcting this problem?
Thanks,
Don

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Are you using any type of Antivirus software? If so, double check that OSCAR is added as an exception.

You can also check the permissions of your OSCAR_Data folder using File Explorer.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Greetings,
I don't see an ability to allow application exceptions in my McAfee virus program and I'm an owner of the Oscar data folder.
Would it help to send the log folder debug.txt file to see what is happening during Oscar startup and failure to load the graphics?
Thanks,
Don
Post Reply Post Reply
OK, let's try this. Hold down the <SHIFT> key when you start OSCAR. This will toggle OSCAR's graphics rendering engine. If it works, don't hold it again. Each time you do this, will cause it to toggle again.

Please report back on success or failure.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Greetings,

No change.

I was also still not able to make any changes to my profile on the screen that I uploaded.

A couple of days ago, I deleted Oscar from my laptop and reloaded it with the same results.

Oscar worked well up until my last data upload in about Sept 2022. Since June when I stopped using my BiPAP, I continued to enter my O2 Ring data until Oscar stopped working correctly. I noticed that when I 'Export' all of the data, the O2 Ring data does not export, only the BiPAP data. 

Thanks,
Don
Post Reply Post Reply
OK!  Let's try this. . . If you can get to it in OSCAR, go to Help ⇾ About OSCAR ⇾ Show data folder  (it's on right side).   See if it is pointing to the proper location for the OSCAR_Data file.

Or, if you're unable to look at the path above, or like me lazy, run to Regedit from your Windows Start menu.   Go to, HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\OSCAR_Team\OSCAR\Settings\AppData = "Path to OSCAR's Data File Location" .  This area will show you the path and will allow you to modify it, if it needs changing.  

If you edit this entry, OSCAR will need to be started after the modification is made for it to recognize the new path.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
I kind'a left out a few things in my post above and thought I'd just add them here.

Besides changing the path in OSCAR, you could always copy the OSCAR_Data folder to the location it is pointing to on your computer. Also, another way of updating the data file's location within OSCAR, is to run the following command from a command window (DOS Prompt).

Command: OSCAR --datadir "C:\Path to the OSCAR_Data file"

If you have any spaces within a folder name (e.g.:"My Files"), you will need to enclose the path within the quotations (""). The command prompt sees a space as a separation of parameters within the command if it isn't inside quotes.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 68 2 hours ago
Last Post: Ibrumley
  Trouble importing data to Oscar bubbafoxus 2 86 03-22-2024, 05:40 PM
Last Post: bubbafoxus
  OSCAR Profiles and Combining Different Brand CPAP Data StratCat48 2 48 03-22-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: StratCat48
  Where Oscar put the data file? Rosacer24 0 57 03-22-2024, 12:16 AM
Last Post: Rosacer24
  There's 1.5 years of data in my OSCAR, but now there's a problem Snackers 8 216 03-19-2024, 03:36 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  OSCAR v1.5.2- error code 5, unable to write to data directory sleepynotion 2 105 03-18-2024, 12:09 PM
Last Post: sleepynotion
  OSCAR data backup strategy matt2 2 95 03-18-2024, 10:32 AM
Last Post: LoudSnorer

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.