Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR graphs - Central vs. Obstructive?
OSCAR graphs - Central vs. Obstructive?
I have Oscar with a new Dreamstation and it does seem to read the data.  Although I have uploaded the SD card data to Oscar I cant seem find any feature in Oscar that provides a layman's term interpretation of the data.  For example, would like to find out whether Oscar can interpret from the Dreamstation data if one might have central vs obstructive apnea?  Was Oscar able to interpret your data?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Trying to get OSCAR to work with my DreamStation [for work-around, see post #9]
Your info will get lost in this thread. Will a Mod please split this into a new thread.

Welcome to the forum mrreynolds777
We actually removed that feature. We felt it was poorly done.

From the medical community's point of view you are treated, thank you, see me next year.

Here We like to go for much better results. We like to see you not just treated but optimally treated.
There are 3 numbers of interest. AHI is the overall number. CAI or Central Apnea Index,we would prefer a CAHI but Central Hypopneas are not indicated. And OAHI Obstructive Apnea Hypopnea Index which you calculate as follows OAHI = AHI - CAI
Any of these numbers over 5 implies significance to your medical team. Meaning that element is insufficiently treated.

As I i said we like to see people as optimally treated which you are not.

With your machine you need the minimium raised because your hypopneas are too high and can be significantly reduced and you have both flow limitations and RERAs which can be addressed. To start I suggest increasing your min up to 7 cmH2O
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR graphs - Central vs. Obstructive?
Hi, I am also curious about this users question. When I look at the OSCAR data, I do not see the CAI? Also, can I post my OSCAR data here for interpretation or should I start a new thread? Sorry, new to this website. Thank you for your help!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR graphs - Central vs. Obstructive?
Welcome to the forum. It's best if you start your own thread.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Central while on ASV Boodmaster 12 2,671 04-13-2024, 04:19 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Cannabis treating central apneas? ashwa 17 2,573 04-12-2024, 01:39 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  [Treatment] Most events are Central Apnea / Clear Airway joeblough 7 214 04-08-2024, 04:00 PM
Last Post: joeblough
  Any Central Sleep Apnea receiving treatment other than CPAP, ASV? ivan007 0 124 04-07-2024, 06:19 AM
Last Post: ivan007
  [Treatment] What Do My Graphs Mean? | OSCAR TiredTim 39 2,113 04-06-2024, 10:01 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  please help me make sense of my central apneas p4ncaketim 34 1,081 04-03-2024, 10:26 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 19 635 04-02-2024, 10:30 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.