Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR importer problem
OSCAR importer problem
Everything has been working fine now for several weeks since installing and using OSCAR for the first time. The problem started this morning after installing the SD card and pushing the importer button on the far left... the % data was installing very slowly. It usually goes very fast because (I assume) it only has one day data to import. Usually, after several seconds, it automatically gives me a location where to send it (should have looked at it a little closer) , and I push an OK button, then were ready to go. This time, I have to chose a file, and there are about 30 of them to chose from... including OSCAR exe, which didn't work. I cannot get last nights data. Not sure what the problem is. The data does go to "myAir" , the ResMed app. BTW... I may have screwed up the SD card yesterday - accidently put it back in the machine upside down and tried to push it in, removed it, then installed it correctly. Might have to get a new one? If so, what size?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR importer problem
First, do not use OSCAR for this. Insert the SD card in your PC and open your file explorer. If the card is good, it will show up as a drive. If it doesn't connect to your PC, then either you hosed the card or the SD slot in the CPAP. I would first HOPE it is the card. This is an easy thing to replace. If it isn't the card, you will need to send the CPAP off to a certified repair shop.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think it's the card, because it doesn't show up. I think I know what the problem is, but am not sure. Philips sent me a newer auto CPAP to replace a CPAP Pro that was recalled. It had an SD card in it. I plugged it into OSCAR because I used it for 2 weeks and wanted to see the data. Turns out, there was other data on it. On OSCAR, I went to preferences/ rebuild CPAP date. There are 2 things I need to get rid of. Only the Philips auto CPAP and ResMed ASV were used after Feb. 1, 2023. those need to stay.  A CPAP Pro and ResMed S9 elite are also on the SD card, and it's probably full. I went to Advanced/purge all device data, and stopped there. I do remember going back quite a few years looking at the SD card history, and there is a lot. How shall I proceed?
Post Reply Post Reply
An SD card can only have one machine's serial number on it. You should never insert a previously used SD card in a CPAP without formatting it first to remove all the old data. If you go to Data > Advanced > Purge All Device Data > Select the CPAP's data you wish deleted. To avoid loading previous data, go to File > Preferences > Import tab. Select the option, "Do not import sessions older than. . ." and select the date.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I did all of the above suggested things, I only kept the 2 machines and no other data before Feb 1, 2023. Same thing. I opened file explorer again and searched for SD card. I got 6- sdx card overflow messages and 30- sdx card various other messages. Philips did not have a new card in the newer auto machine and I did not have the wherewithal to check it. New SD card?
Post Reply Post Reply
SD cards can go bad in a heartbeat. Being preemptive and replacing it with a new one is a wise move. Limit the card size to anything 32 GB or less.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Problem solved, thank you Red!
Post Reply Post Reply
ŁFinally able to download the data from last night, but how do I address the issue of past data still in  the program calendar? i’m pretty sure there’s a way to erase everything before February 1, 2023,  (rebuild data), but I don’t want to push the wrong buttons. Need to free up some space.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Added a new pulse oximeter importer... spacewrench 125 20,344 04-14-2024, 12:12 PM
Last Post: msfabus
  There's 1.5 years of data in my OSCAR, but now there's a problem Snackers 8 337 03-19-2024, 03:36 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 165 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Problem Downloading Oscar 1.5.1 itchy365 5 606 10-17-2023, 11:16 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
Question Oscar installation problem [solved, see post #4] Bertrand 3 780 09-19-2023, 12:11 AM
Last Post: Bertrand
  OSCAR and Mac set up problem B. McKone 4 751 08-11-2023, 06:52 PM
Last Post: B. McKone
  Oscar Problem Dannobre 2 570 08-03-2023, 09:39 PM
Last Post: Dannobre

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.